Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4 corner Complete air ride suspension?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  PGreenSVT 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has made a complete 4-corner air ride suspension ? I have been thinking something like this would be really nice for ride, handling, hauling, and some added lift for looks I would like another 4-5inches of added lift then back down to leveled height. I have seen kellderman air ride but way too much lift for me and the cost is not the best. So my thoughts would be like the mini truck that are slammed, basically going off there system but bigger and thicker, 4-link front and rear put some high lb bags adj track bar front and rear adj track bars with bushing joints front and rear now keep in mind I want to possibly do this later on with a 4x4 truck.

any thought's would be appreciated !
thanks

#3 ·
i don't think it would be worth it unless it's gonna be a show truck. the cost of a custom 4 link front and rear could be between $6 and $10k, depending on how severe you'd want to go. the air ride itself is somewhat inconsistent; as far as freezing valves and water in the system. my 150 sits for 5 months out of the year just because of the freezing temps. don't get me wrong, it's a great ride when it's done right, but it seems like it constantly needs attention.

#5 ·
A properly done air ride suspension is totally worth it.

I did 1,000+ miles this past weekend and arrived as fresh as could be.

It turns a Superduty into a totally different truck.

I don't have a compressor on my truck (yet). My bags hold air for months and months at a time and I've done several trips at -20.

#8 ·
A properly done air ride suspension is totally worth it.

I did 1,000+ miles this past weekend and arrived as fresh as could be.

It turns a Superduty into a totally different truck.

I don't have a compressor on my truck (yet). My bags hold air for months and months at a time and I've done several trips at -20.

yeah, you don't have to worry about freezing when you aren't running a tank and valves, but once you do, the smallest amount of moisture in the valves will freeze them. and at -20, you'll never be able to thaw them and keep them warm enough to operate safely. i've been down that road.

#7 ·
So is yours more for ride and hauling ?
Yes. It runs at stock ride height.

Some of the guys that responded to my air ride thread have built lifted air ride trucks. They might be able to help you.

Sounds like you want to build a show truck, though. The boys at pirate4x4 will set you straight.

#9 ·
Then how do air brake trucks keep their brakes and suspensions working ?

Dessecant, air tank drains, etc.

#10 ·
it is worth all the time and money to do it. yeah if you were gonna paysomeone to do it and spare no expense using the best materials and equipment i could see that much easy. i have about 1000 into each end then about 700 in compressor and valving. they are fairly maintence free. i ran the original bushings i used for 4 years about 150k miles and now have over 100k on the ones im running now. the onlu thing i have needed to do to mine in the last 3 years is dry the dessicant in the dryer and replace one diaphram in a vavle. yes i am getting ready to to a full build overhaul on it but mine was an experiment and am going to build it up with all the stuff i have learned over the years on it. definately worth it again!

#13 ·
Check out AirBagIt.com - Air Suspension Kits, Mini-Truck Parts, Sport Compact Parts! Airride, Airsprings, Towing Kits, Lambo Vertical Doors, Airbags. They have exactly what your talking about. Its bad ass and they have all the details figured out so its all just plug and play and amazing prices. They can integrate valve heaters and air dryers into their system as well. In fact I just ordered a custom complete front back side to side system for my lifted 2004 superduty today!!! Im frickin so pumped I cant stand it!! I will keep everyone posted how the build goes. Call and talk to Tom at airbagit.com and he will answer all your questions. Tell him Sim sent you!!

Kelderman kits are waaaay nice but designed for more extreme lifts and soo expensive that most cant even think about drippin that much coin.

#15 ·
Talk to Not Stock. He owns Precision Metal Fab. He has made at least one that I know of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.