Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Stock Track Bar And Replacing Bushings

28K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  DcMoore999 
#1 ·
I'm having a problem with putting bushings in my track bar, the bushings are way to big for the track bar. I got them from Energy Suspension(part number 4.7128G) I verified that it's the right part but these bushings are way too big.

Has anybody ran into this problem? I think if I press them in it will screw the bushing up. Is there another bushing that will fit, maybe I different company....Energy Suspension is a good company in my book but I don't think these are going to work.

See less See more
#10 ·
The flared sleeve has to be cut out of track bar. I replace with Moog, 2 piece bushing set. It is easier than pressing stock style bushings back in.

#11 ·
you have to take that sleeve out of the track bar ends.All the rubber bushings have sleeves in them and when replacing with poly type,you take them out.That goes for leaf springs and all them.I changed mine and usually use a good air chissel and dent it in on one end for a starter point.Then use the cutter bit and chissel right through it and they it usually come out when you get about half way through.So remember when replacing with polyurethane,take out the sleev for the rubber ones.

#12 ·
oh and by my understanding,the sleeves are in there to help support the rubber bushings.The poly is harder and stronger so they don't need it because they hold there shape on there own.Rubber just mushes and needs extra support.

#13 ·
Anyone have a problem getting there track bar bolts out? I am trying to replace mine due to a bushing being shot but I can't get either one to budge. Sprayed them with AeroKroil and let them sit and tried a few different impact guns and a breaker bar with a long handle extension.

Thinking I might have to get a 3/4 impact or something but curious if anyone else ran into this? Seems like the bolt is seized in the bushing sleeve on one end. :doh:

#14 ·
Thanks for the help... I wasn't sure or not if I had to get the sleeve out or not because both of those bushings looks like it will fit with the sleeve in or out but it makes sense now...Jfurner, where did you get the moogs from?

#15 ·
Well getting the sleeve out wasn't to big a deal but getting those damn bushings was something else...When we we're pressing them in it looked like it was going to explode but they finally popped in there... Again thanks for the help.

#16 ·
No problem.They are stiff but thats what makes them nice.And no I never had a problem taking my 11 year old ones out last winter.Impact worked fine but it struggled.Tip for anyone getting the actual bolts in or out is have someone in the truck and start it and turn the wheel. That will move the axle to line the hole up to get the bolt back in and the take tension off to get it out.

#17 ·
Has anyone had good results from replacing these? I have the dreaded clunk when turning. Have replaced the front springs, and sway links with poly bushings.

Would really like to hear some feedback on these!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.