Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Rivercity vs. innovative tunes 6.4

12K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  3brorce 
#1 ·
Hey I am a newbie to this so bare with me, I have a 08 f250 I have the S&B and DPF delete pipe on and thats it. I bought rivercity's 450 tune cuz I wanted more power & MPG, Am not to happy with it my MPG still kinda suck i get 14-15 and the Power is jus ok. I wanted to know for the SCT tuner if innovative is the best? also I am worried that putting too much power will destroy my tranny whats the line in the sand the HP before you start getting problems. thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
A lot of these guys with big tunes run anywhere between 550 and 600 horse everyday on stock parts (transmissions, headstuds) and the trucks seem to be holding up remarkably well. Your weak points will be just that trans and studs but its all dependent on how its driven

#11 ·
well i hadn really had mine long enough to tell the exact numbers but i know it is an increase, i dunno about your RCD tunes but mine were horrable on the transmission. my brothers truck has a stock tranny and he is running erics extreme street tune and it shifts and runs alot better than it did compared to River citys 585 tune and i have a suncoast tranny and im runnin the extreme race and nothing compares to it. i hope this helps. oh and also Erics tunes arent vin locked so if u wanted to swap it to another truck you can

#12 ·
Nice man, I was looking for a all purpose tune something were i can haul my fishing boat not worry about EGTs and also show those rice burners a thing or 2 about diesel power. so the xtreme street sounds like a good one to me, do you know what your brothers truck is pushing out power wise with the xtreme street?

#21 ·
I know this is an old thread, but I jus now 2 days ago got my SCT Livewire back with IDP custom tunes. Wondering what you guys are sayin now as far as how your trucks are holdin up? Im new to all this, seems like on the Xtreme Street tune (their recommendation for daily driving) shifts a little hard, is this normal? Am I supposed to get a really firm shift, dont seem like it can be good for my transmission. But hey Im new so bare with my stupidity please

#23 ·
Their extreme race is rated +325 and the extreme x is a +330 rated tune. If you have H&S I would get a hold of Gearhead. And the shifts are supposed to be pretty firm. My truck has been tuned with IDP since under 1500 miles and never had a problem knock on wood. DD the extreme street. Since you said you just got it back I suppose that you are running preloaded IDP tunes Jake? What shift setting are you using

#24 ·
Yeah I am. Right now I have it on street with the soft shift jus because Im used to stock shifting and the new tunes are more firm. I'm not used to the firm shifting so I ain't runnin xtreme street yet. I want to tho. They recommend firm early lock. What do you run yours on man? And Howany miles have you put on the IDP tunes?

#25 ·
Firm shifts is the only way to go.

#26 ·
What do you run on your truck if ya don't mind me askin? So you want to actually feel it shift into each gear, not jus kinda smooth it's way in? You want to feel it kick in gear? And that's not gonna cause a problem with the tranny? Jus tryin to learn all this stuff. My first tuner..

#27 ·
Nope smooth shifts mean slip to me. I used to run around in x-race ecm tune and race lock tcm tune all the time. Your shifts will smooth out but you want to feel the shifts. I have since got a few tunes from different tuners and just recently installed a Spartan as well. Everyone complains how a Spartan shifts too hard but I personally like it. I dont like that I get a wrench for a solenoid being stuck off however. I would say you will have less problems with a firm shift than a soft shift.

#29 ·
I appreciate the input guys. Thank y'all. Like I said I'm new to all this. I'm tryin to wrap my head around the fact that it is smooth shifting from the factory but once u tune it everyone says you want firm shift and to actually feel it kick in gear. I'm jus worried about the tranny. Maybe I'm a sissy and don't need to be haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.