Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

lowering 2wd questions

7K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  deathwishracer 
#1 ·
I have a 00 2wd dually I'm looking to lower about 3" front, 6" rear.. Does anyone have any input on what to use, and have any pictures of this drop on their truck? Thanks..

#6 ·
This should be a sweet project Jason. From what I have read here over the past just like was said DJM probably makes the best kit.

Let me know when you go to do it and I will come over and help ya out.

#9 ·
Did you ever order the DJM kit for lowering your dually? Either way, I'd like some more info on the project you're working on...I have a 2wd crew dually I am planning on lowering within the next month and I am wanting to get some better ideas on just how low I can go while still being capable of towing my 31ft bumper pull camper...

Thanks!

#10 ·
DJM 3/5 and some helper bags is what i would go with.

#11 ·
I had the DJM kit installed in Feb. The kit rides great and is real high quality. No Complaints here. I do not have the dually, so hopefully this helps you out a little. Here are some pics:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#12 ·
I have the djm kit on mine, with 24 inch semi wheels. I have helper bags in the rear for when towing my 36ft ggoseneck enclosed trailer. Works great. As long as you have decent shocks, it doesn't ride bad. The djm kit is high quality. This is a pic of my buddies truck. I will try to get a pic up of mine later.

Attachments

#13 ·
Here's mine

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks for the pics and advice guys, those are some great looking trucks. i wish I had the extra funds to get a set of big rig wheels, but it just doesnt look like thats possible for the moment.

That being said, are all of the DJM kits you guys have used the 3/5 drop kit? I was on ebay and found a 2/4 drop kit for quite a bit less, it consisted only of springs up front and shackles/hangers out back. Anyone have any experience with these?

FORD F250 F350 SUPER DUTY Lowering Kit 00 01 02 03 04 : eBay Motors (item 360259043519 end time Jun-02-10 08:50:03 PDT)

Thanks!

#17 ·
It damn sure is .... huh, an old one at that.

#18 ·
The only problem with doing just springs in the front with the factory I-beams is that the tires will lay in at the top. Tires will wear fast on the inside. The 3 inch drop beam retains the stock geometry, just lowered.

#24 ·
I have run both KYB gasadjust, and Monroe reflex shocks. Both ride fine. I do have helper airbags in the rear for towing my 36 ft gooseneck enclosed. But I have my kit adjusted to the lowest setting. There are 5 possible height settings you can adjust to. If your 24 ft trailer is a tagalong, you would never have a problem.

#26 ·
I called kyb and spoke with the tech line. I told him what I have, and he gave me a part # for the shock I would need. It has been a while since then, sorry I don't have the number anymore. But they were very helpful.

#27 ·
I do have a tagalong, when you say it will be no problem, do you mean at all, or with the helper air bags? Also, did you use the regular part number for the shocks, like you would get from Advance, Autozone or wherever, or a shorter one? thanks again.

#28 ·
Towing a tag-a-long would be no problem without any bags. The front uses the stock part # for the shocks. The rear must use use a shock that is 3-5 inches shorter, depending on where you put your adjustment bolts for rear height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.