Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

zf6 stuck in 6

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  greasygas 
#1 ·
I have a chance to buy a 00 reg cab 4wd powerstroke for $3000.Only thing wrong w/ it is its stuck in 6th gear.Any idea how bad of a job it would be or what it could be.

#2 ·
if your lucky pull shifter out and pry back into neutral. then check for worn parts in shift tower or make sure detent balls are still in place

#3 ·
yea usually if the are Stuck in a gear its something bound up wierd in the shift forks and not too bad to fix... its the not going in to gears that can be problems lol

#4 ·
sweet,alright that won't be bad then.

#7 ·
Thanks for all who posted on this subject

I am extemely gratefull you have save my canadian bacon by making it clear that linkage problems can be jury rigged without r R+R of the unit .. My situation the split pin pin partially wiggles out and causes the forks to bind ..(as seen when looking down in the hole with shifter off ) I did not want to try to replace the pin with a new one and cant really see any way its even possible ..my soulution so far is mild STeel wire laced thru the pin and twisted so it stays in place , and so far its all good news ! I want to get good synthetic fluid too and add that cooler to it as well and take advantage of the pump that is all ready there . you all saved me a lot of money time and skinned knuckles by explaining such a simple thing no on ever heard of before. Think of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars in the hand of mechanics who would have sold a transmission and labor to so ma:bowfast:ny suckers like me !!
cheers from Leon in ALBERTA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.