Hot Shot Secret - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Other Diesel Topics > Fluids Discussion
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 PM
jmhn72
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Hot Shot Secret

Anyone have information on this oil additive product to help sticking injectors?
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 02:03 PM
White Buffalo
Freedom is not free
Member's Gallery

Re: Hot Shot Secret

Seen it on the 7.3L forum of FTE a few times about a year and a half ago. Didn't see many repeat buyers after the initial interest. IIRC it ran about $50 a bottle right? It did pop up on the 6.0L forum, but I do not recall the general census or opinions.

Not much info on the technical data sheet:

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/Assets/...ech%20data.pdf
Old 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM
jmhn72
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Yes, it is $50 for a 2 qt. bottle. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:00 PM
White Buffalo
Freedom is not free
Member's Gallery

I would like to see an oil analysis from a Powerstroke running it so we can get an idea what additives are in it and how it affects the oil properties.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
06stroker250
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

what about innovatives rev x whats the story on that stuff
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
SteveBricks
PSD User
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06stroker250 View Post
what about innovatives rev x whats the story on that stuff
It's made by the same company:

Lubrication Specialites | REV-X | V-Twin | Oil Additive | Diesel Fuel Additive | Performance Oil

Lubrication Specialties | Diesel Motor Oil | Primrose Engine Oil | Fuel Additives | Oil Additives | Engine Restore|
NHRDA #4698

RIP Muley
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-20-2010, 04:57 PM
06stroker250
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

so how good does the stuff work for $50 a quart it should give me road head
Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
SyN
Lubrication Addict!!
Member's Gallery

I have ran 1 cleaning cycle with HSS. Ran it in my 7.3L for 5K miles. Now! Mined U, I bought my PSD with 255K miles on her. Mostly Highway Miles and alot of well site idle. The company that I bought the truck from, did very little maintance to the truck... The mechanic told me he changed the oil around the 7500 mark, depending when the driver had time to bring it in. Also he told me they had just installed new injectors 1k miles ago. Ok.. I took it too my mechanic, he went over the whole truck... Turbo was still making good boost, compression in all cylinders looked good. The transmission is very tired. Will have to replace it, in due time. Anyway. I came across HSS, some how can't remember. At that time everyone was still working and money was not an issue... I ordered a 64oz bottle. For my summer oil change, I poured it in, with 3gals of Delvac 15W-40. I tryed to keep track of how the 7.3L reacted but my notes are kinda spotty with the kids Kool-aid stains and Choc Milk.. I noticed around the 500 mile mark after the oil change, the throttle response started to improve. {It seemed too}. Around the 1200 mile mark, the 7.3L really began to start faster or easier depending how you want to call it. Around the 3K mile mark we took the truck on a small highway trip-{200miles}pulling our 32ft Jayco 5th wheel. During this summer trip... The wife even noticed the 7.3L idled smoother as well as quieter... If she notices? Something is happening. Also the throttle respose just seemed to get better as the miles added up. The wife drove the 7.3L back home for the first 50 to 70 miles and asked me what I had done to the truck and how much it cost? And was kinda pissed that i hadnt told her. I explained about the HSS. She was shocked but impressed. I thought it was money well spent. Now!
I don't have any UOA or Dyno results to prove any Hp Gains or Torque Gains, I could careless about that. I just know what i heard and felt. Will it work for others the same way? I have No Idea. The 7.3L has over 278K miles on her now, and seems to be running strong.
I did call the company and told them about my experience with HSS and they were very greatfull for me trying their new product and sent me a free 64oz bottle of HSS... Which I will pour in for my up coming summer oil change. Very Good People and Company to deal with.

Here is my thoughts... My 7.3L was not well maintained... I'm sure it had some buildup within the oil system, I beleive this product did some cleaning, maybe alot... I didn't tear down the motor to look. But from the before and after behavior of just the way the 7.3L idled and drove. This product restored some of the internal parts to better working order. IMHO.
$50 dollars is alot for HSS... I would say, if you have great maintanance habits on your 7.3L or 6.0L chances are u wont see or feel any benifit from HSS. But I my case? I did... Will I continue to use It? I dought it, as clean as todays oils keep the inside of motors. I really see know need for it. If U dont have good oil changing habits? I would say give it a try.

I just wish I could drive a new 7.3L to give me something to compare it too.
Mind U: This is all my honest opinion.
4" MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust.
DieselSite By-Pass Coolant Filter/{ELC}&RMI-25
DieselSite By-Pass Transmission Filter/Lg Magnet
Delete Mods-->{Foil & AIH}
203*{T-Stat}w/Billet Housing
SS HPX line-CCV{to atmosphere}
Marinco Heater Plug
Oil-->T6 5W-40 w/Amsoil Filter

Last edited by SyN; 01-21-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Can't spell!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:01 AM
jmhn72
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Thanks for the review, I may give it a try myself.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
mcspeed.1
Da broke trucker!
Member's Gallery

The companies that make the HSS and REV-X are not the same companies! The one that makes HSS is based out of Ohio and the one that makes REV-X is out of Michigan.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 99
03/6.0EXCURSION, 04 oilburner, 04smokeman, 1Macaw, 4x4ff, 6.9turbocharged, 7.3maniac, 73stroke99, 78f100, 87notch, 89notch, aklim, bgc, bhfarms, bholley, Blackbeard, brunnels, Bustedflush, camaroicoc, catman70, cglenn, chief410, cjsobas, crowz, curb guy, dirtybooz16, Diverhardhat, djanzen, doozer008, dragonboi, duel, duxpsd, Eric2004, farm boy, flpaul, FORDMAN345, gracing, GTPaul, howell_jd, Huckster, Ithumpwheniwalk, jff987, joediesle, jsnyder7.3, jstreet, jtmiller, jvc1990, kickstand, king06, KingRanchSick.0, MColeman, medicman88, mkf350, Morgan_KY, mostrokin, Mtack, mx185sw, Napadan, navistar45, PJB, plowguy1225, power strokin, PrvnTough, PSDnate, pstroke96, pursleybp, rebel4x4, Relentless1, REV-X, rsbhunter, SAK, scott2001, scottKP99, sesco4, shvlhead78, stackedstroker, steinerr, Sti470, sticks55, stoney126, strokeit06, SyN, Tampa450, tank, TARM, tch.280, Tedzz, Thefarmboy21, thorguy57, TonyDriver, tpull3, travis182008, tshoey33, tufftruckstuff, visions1, Wardy70, wickedx, wiredupfiredup03, zilla68