Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pullin hitches, suspension stops, sled stops, weight brackets...lets see what you got

68K views 133 replies 48 participants last post by  PSDEng 
#1 ·
post pictures of your sled pulling stuff, pullin hitches, suspension stops, sled stops and weight brackets!!! If there is some good stuff ill make it a sticky.

#4 ·
Re: Pullin hitches, suspension stops, sled stops, weight brackets...lets see what you

#5 ·
Re: Pullin hitches, suspension stops, sled stops, weight brackets...lets see what you

#6 ·

#10 ·

Just weld two pieces of square tubing to the bottom of the receiver up under the truck. Then put pins in them just like you use in your receiver hitch. I just used some 1 1/2' tubing because it was what I had laying around. Most I see are made out of 2".

#11 ·

Jeremy pretty much what i was going to do, i noticed that on my hitch (05 and up hitches look different) that i can just put the tubing inside the hitch (if that makes sense, should help beef the hitch up a little as well) Another question does anyone know how strong our hitches are? I see a ton of dodge guys reinforce but i have yet to even tweak mine (looser tracks around here) thought about putting some gussets in but im not sure.

#12 ·

I completely built a new one so as to recess the hitch farther under the truck. I used a thicker wall tube and angle and also added a gusset to each side. I know a couple guys that bent there stock hitches but they were 03 and older trucks

#14 ·

I completely built a new one so as to recess the hitch farther under the truck. I used a thicker wall tube and angle and also added a gusset to each side. I know a couple guys that bent there stock hitches but they were 03 and older trucks
Ok thanks, i will just try to add some reinforcments to it tomorrow, like i said we have loose tracks, so alot of the same parts that break other places wont break here, or dont break as much. Ill post up what i end up doing.

#13 ·

good ideas fellas

#18 ·

Anyone got pictures of their suspension stops?
PM Brian Jelich. He has a pretty basic one that seems to work well.

#16 ·

I bent mine on my 99.. but it didn't look like a stock receiver, or I guess I should say it didn't look like my other 99 I had before this one...

#17 ·

Crappy pics, I'll try to get some better ones up.

But, general idea is square tubing with a nut welded to top, welded to my B&W gooseneck hitch on the frame.

Grade 8 bolt up through into that nut. The head of the bolt sits in the depressed area in the plate the ubolts come through.

I have 8" bolts, that allow me to set the rear end anywhere between 1/2" over stock, to 2 1/2" over stock. If I need to allow an inch of travel I just use a 6" bolt.

I need to use a floor jack to install and uninstall, but I usually take plenty of tools to pulls with me anyway. Turns out you need 'em once in a while.

Works like a champ though. Super simple to build.

#20 ·

Crappy pics, I'll try to get some better ones up.

But, general idea is square tubing with a nut welded to top, welded to my B&W gooseneck hitch on the frame.

Grade 8 bolt up through into that nut. The head of the bolt sits in the depressed area in the plate the ubolts come through.

I have 8" bolts, that allow me to set the rear end anywhere between 1/2" over stock, to 2 1/2" over stock. If I need to allow an inch of travel I just use a 6" bolt.

I need to use a floor jack to install and uninstall, but I usually take plenty of tools to pulls with me anyway. Turns out you need 'em once in a while.

Works like a champ though. Super simple to build.

Those look good Tom

#21 ·

Remove the factory bump stop by grinding it off. Take the rubber piece off. Drill the two holes to 1/2". Measure and weld square tubing to the bottom of the factory bumpstop. Bolts in in minutes. Powersmoker (Brian Jelich) made mine for me and they work very well.

#24 ·

Where the pix at dustin?

#33 ·

Lovin the sled stops...
simple and they work great, one bolt holds them on. They look good on the truck too, all i have is a cell pic but ill post it up, didnt take long to make either, like 1 hour start to finish, the iron shop i picked the steel up from cut them to lenght no extra charge, so all i really had to do was figure the hitch angle cut and weld it all together, very happy with them.

Bout the only things i got left is reinforce the hitch, and figure out the front end up situation :doh:

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

#36 ·

IM stock piling parts that need to be powdercoated this winter, so far i got traction bars, sled stops, suspension stops, and some intercooler piping, waiting on some other changes before i have it done. Powdercoating is cheaper to do alot of than a little bit, costs the same to fire up the oven whether there is 2 peices in there or 100, so im trying to get everything lined out to do in black and ill do it this winter when i dont need the truck as much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.