Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Drive shaft loops

52K views 89 replies 26 participants last post by  Ford444 
#1 ·
Let's see some pics of how you have you drive shaft loops I need to build a set befor next pulling season

#3 ·
here is what I did for my u-joint shield

I am just running one loop other than that and its basicly a U bolted to one of the bed crossmembers.

#6 ·
yep they are screwed up against the housing behind the yoke to keep it from moveing up and down

#12 ·
how about pics by the t-case

#15 ·
$1000, and you gotta bring the truck to me. No that's not a typo. They suck to build and since I don't have jigs and all that, every set is custom taylored to the truck. This is the point where every one thinks in the back of their head "Fxxx That!!!" LOL So your not alone. And they take right at 3 days of fab time for me.

#20 ·
Yes, fixed at the carrier bearing for 2 piece shafts, and fixed at the Xfer case for a single. It's fixed but pivots up and down. On the rear axle it can telescope and pivot. That's what makes my loops different from everyone else. I just haven't gotten around to making that join't wearable so that you could have it on a daily driver. But not enough call for the research. Most my loop jobs are on pullers only so it doesn't matter.

#24 ·
Smoker I look forward to seeing how you set yours up at the tcase. I've got an idea of how I want to do it, but research is always good.

Thanks for the props guys. And they really don't suck too bad to build, they just take forever, and about a million trips under the truck. My problem is I always started with rusty pipe, which meant about 8 hours on the end of a grinder. If you start with new pipe, it will go alot smoother, litterally. LOL

93, all those sets are on Dodges. Just FYI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.