Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Has it been done and who??? Lowered 4X4

9K views 55 replies 22 participants last post by  Hazinhtown 
#1 ·
I cant find a lowering kit for 4x4 truck in sig.
Do they make them?
Can it be done?
Price to be done?

I don't wanna slam it, just lower it 2-4". Mainly for looks, but will take mileage gains. Truck is strictly street. No tow, no gravel travel, just street.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

#2 ·
lower a 4X4 PSD=GAY! But whatever floats your boat.

#3 ·
Have you removed the rear factory block yet.? That should give you a leveled stance without lifting the front.
I would think that there are kits out there depending on the year.(coil vs spring)
To get the rear even lower, you'd put the leaf pack under the axle. Like where my Sonoma was located before I lifted that.
I'm sure others that sell lifts will eventually chime in.

#4 ·
One Up Offroad is working on a high quality lowering kit. The prototype is currently on my race truck and will be in testing for the next few months.

Here are a few photos:

You'll have to excuse my crappy photos. I still need to take some decent pictures with some good light and from the proper angles.

#7 ·
Yep, four inches is about max.

The OUO kit I have on my truck right now can be adjusted from one inch above stock ride height to approx three and half inches below.

#13 ·
:whs:

What's really funny is that my OUO lowered race truck will be getting the same amount of down travel as my daily driver that has a 6" Full Traction four-link lift kit. :doh:

Swapping out the front suspension on my DD to something made by OUO is definitely on the To Do list.

#12 ·
[img said:
http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/42805/2761655460073017518S600x600Q85.jpg[/img]

Nice looking kit.
With something that nice, that might want to go into production.

[How come I can't be located where manufactures need test trucks??? Not that I would lower, although it looks good on some trucks.]

#17 ·
or you could do it the old fashioned way, let the springs go for 15 years and start to break in the rear and just plain sag in the frontLOLLOLLOLLOL I swear my truck is at least 2" lower than stock:D

#18 ·
I am about to lower mine a touch. I have a couple plans...first I gotta get the 10" lift off...lol

But the plans are:

Gas or 2WD coils in the front to get me about 2" lower, remove block in rear and remove the bottom leaf..this should drop the rear about 3-4" and not change ride nor load carrying much at all...and install bags if you need more

Coilover mounts.....and a shorter than normal coilover...this will require some research...have it valved for the super duty..not a big deal...and sprung right, use the coilover to set ride height. For the rear..same as above.

I only want about a 2/4 drop on mine...just so some 24s or 22's with a 34-35" street tire fill up the fenders.

#20 ·
i ordered my wheels last week lol. im lowering my truck down too. cops are getting rediculous here and they are trying to make me put on fender flares. they tried to take me to jail cause i wont do it. im probably gonna cut my coils down a bit to get 2" out of it in the front. the rear im not to sure. i think im gonna get the shackles from djm and take the block out. im not to sure about taking out the bottom leaf.

#23 ·
most traction bars used on the street have one fixed point on the axle, and one fixed point on the frame still allowing it to move up and down. they help in restriction of axle rotation (axle wrap) which can break stuff. Or with ladder bars, they use shackles on the frame allowing it to move during rotation.

in that pick it looks like he has two fixed points on both the axle and frame.

#30 ·
Man, can't wait 'til this thing is ready for sale!

#37 ·
MOTOXRACER...
Now thats what im talkin about. Nice pic of the truck stance... Looks good!

You have a coil sprung front end though. If i look into lowering mine 4 rear 2 front. Would it be easier to to put an 05+ front suspension on mine to do it?

#38 ·
Someone on here did an 08. I remember reading the thread. I dont know if that is what you are looking for or not, but Ill see if I can find it right quick. Here it is :Lowered 4x4 - Powerstroke Nation dont know if it helps you or not. Or yall may have already talked about this guy's truck. Hope it helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.