Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Remember the 9 second F100 from about 10 years ago.......

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  HPAddict 
#1 ·
I made a phone call today. I spoke with the driver of the truck. It has been confirmed that the truck is probably still together. The bad thing is he hasn't seen it in atleast 10 years. From what he says, It is most likely sitting where he left it, rotting away.

Sad, I know. There is a long story that I won't go into. He is not done with racing as of yet. He has been working with about everything else that can be raced or made faster for the last few years.

On the upside, he hasn't completely given up on diesel racing yet. From how he explained it, the F100 ONLY made 1200hp. The new project should put that one to shame......I don't know how much info I should divulge, he said they've been trying to keep it quiet........and VERY soon they will be able to keep it together.
:ford::evil:tree:

I mentioned the 'nation to him and he said he never heard of it. LOL. I'm going to try to make a trip over and check out his operation in the next couple of weeks. I want to see what kind of vehicle this wicked powerstroke based monster is going in........

#4 ·
He said it was a 7.3l sleved down to a 6.9. It was mechanically injected, spun 6000rpm, twin turbo, 145lbs of boost and had stock rods and crank. Most of the work was in the heads. The hardest part was keeping the block from flexing. He said they had a girdle on it that was 8" thick. The truck had a camaro front frame section on it, a 9" rear end, and a full roller C6 transmission. He said that they had no problems with the stock crank and rods, they just couldn't keep the block straight. There were a few that lost the back cylinders, misc splits, you name it. And yes, it was in the 9's.

#6 ·
I bet ya it sounded nasty...It's sad to know it's rotting away.

#8 ·
We live in Illinois. Home of road salt and rust. It sounded like the two guys had a huge arguement and haven't spoke in over a decade, but I'm not done yet.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.