05 6.0 smoking problem////warrenty? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 6.0L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
couldbelower
Couldbelower
Member's Gallery

05 6.0 smoking problem////warrenty?

i have a 6.0 f350 crew cab. the truck has started smoking pretty bad for the first few minutes the truck runs each time its started up if it had been sitting for a few hours. the smoke is white smoke and seems to be getting worse but it is very inconsistent. some days seems bad and then the next day not so bad. i have read a lot about bad head bolts causing the head gasket to leak. everytime i get an oil change even before this staretd i would need my collant filled sometimes a little but other times a lot more. the truck has 80 k on it.

i am trying to figure out if this will be covered by its 100k motor warrenty. i also am starting to get a rear main leak and front main leak. i am hoping to get all this fixxed at one time in hopes that the warreny will cover it.

does anyone have any warrenty expierence in any related situations.

also the truck has an 11 inch lift on it and a full 4 inch exhaust from the turbo. will that be of any factor?

any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Evil Eye
Slacker
Member's Gallery

Re: 05 6.0 smoking problem////warrenty?

White smoke is either EGR cooler or HG's. More than likely it's your EGR cooler. Both are common problems.

Get the truck in and take any tuners or programmers off the truck. The lift and turbo might get you some flack from the service manager, but shouldn't have any affect in having your warranty work done.
(The Sweet Unit)

Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 AM
RescueF250
The Unseen Mod
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

Is it tuned ? sounds to me like head gaskets and studs man. Yes thats cover under warranty as long as you dont have it tuned, or if you are cool with the dealer, the rear main and front are covered by the warranty.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
mxchase
lott is my daddy
Member's Gallery

lift wont hurt. most ford dealers will honor warrantey with out a cat in place, some will require your cat in place.

sounds like exactly what mine did. i had an EGR problem. took it in and got in back 3 days later.

i'd rather be hated by 12 than carried by 6

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 60
00Rich, 05 6.0, AMB, B18B1LS1, badluck_early99, bassrippin365, beast6.0, BigTonka, BUFF, CATdiezel, cemeyer, Century Coronado, CGMKCM, charlie99, couldbelower, danf250, daryl4412, Dieselboy, Dirt_99, dsanders, East County stroker, Evil Eye, F350Powerhouse, farmerrich, genuineford, GotRox, GPD270, greenbeast, HiVoltage, jasonl, Java, Joedog, jvencius, JW45, Logan21SV, lownslow, matthewd11, Mr. Bob, muddslgn, Orezona, peanutsfive, Power Stroke, PSD Trav, razorscs, RescueF250, Rob05F350, rottys, southbend_powerstroke, Stiletto6.0, txpsdcrwchf, xP12ODIIGYx, yamt03