Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel mileage on the 6.7

58K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  Buckhault 
#1 ·
so today i was talking to my dealer about the new trucks and when i would see one there, they weren't sure but they did say that at the meeting that the expected fuel economy would start with a 2. this is a reliable source, so anyone else heard other wise?

#3 ·
wow , so it is very real?

#5 ·

#11 ·
The best I've ever gotten on my 6.0 was 19.1 on a best mileage run to the beach.
I'm usually getting 15.5 in mixed driving when not towing.
If the new truck could get better actual mileage I'd be all over it.

#18 ·
I can tell you all something from the Agriculture side, Agco tractor's recently went to urea injection side and it's SISU engine, but we've had 6 of these high horse tractors before going to a Urea injection unit, and we gainned 45 horse (thats a lot in a tractor because the torque is so high) and actually saw a 30 to 35% fuel eco. increase. --- no chips no programers no nothing stock VS. stock so I personally believe there really getting 17city and 22highway, there probablly not driving those truccks like we would but It'd have increase a lot

#20 ·
The companies going with CEGR & DPF instead of SCR for Tier 4A are going to be hurting for economy.

I've heard from someone who is communicates closely with some of the Tier4 AG application engineers that the pre-scr emissions (between engine/turbo and the SCR injection & reaction chamber) on a Tier4A engine could be close to Tier2 standards for most operating conditions.

#21 ·
I hope the numbers are true, I miss my 7.3L that was chipped, exhaust, intake and a few other things, it would get 20+ all day long for mpg. I'm getting tired of my 6.0L that has never in 160k miles seen better than 14.5 mpg. All I did was intake and exhaust and that helped, but I don't dare program it.

#23 ·
:whs: Also, I've never been a fan of the tiny bowls on the International motors. Yes, they do burn fast but for maximum power a small bowl works against you because you can't use much timing due to cylinder pressure exceeding mechanical limits quickly. For every degree of timing you can get away with you have more time to put the fuel in the bowl and acutally get power from it.

I looked at a 6.7 motor this weekend at the Houston Rodeo and was suprised by a few things including air to water intercooling and packaging in general. Now that they have bigger piston bowls and can run some timing due to urea on board, I see big power potential and some awesome mileage.

#32 ·
That doesn't mean anything at this point. Well except that on this particular truck w/ this particular set-up that the mileage computer was grossly inaccurate. Or maybe it was filled up at the top of the mountain range and then coasted down the hill into the parking lot. I mess around w/ my 30 mpg car and can make it read over 100 mpg at least for a couple of miles when I coast downhill.

#35 ·
I believe low 20's are going to be possible with this motor. Part of the 6.4s poor fuel economy as well as the 07.5 & up Cummins & Dmax is that damn screen in the exhaust that they are trying to crap through, not to mention the extra fuel that has to be burned to clean them out too. (Brilliant EPA BS!) Once tunes come out for this 6.7 & some of the extra bs can fall off the motor it will definitely be in the 20s with the gearing in these trucks.

#37 ·
I am new here and was wondering what fuel mileage any of you are getting with the 6.7 with this set up. I have a 2014 F250 FX4 4dr short bed with 6" lift on 37x13.50 Nittos. I took a pretty big hit after the lift and tires were installed. I knew I would but didn't expect what I ended up with (per the digital reading on truck). I have not figured by hand yet.

Thank you in advance for your input and I am glad to be a part of this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.