Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

08 f450 with 12v

29K views 123 replies 67 participants last post by  strokingkid1392 
#1 ·
we are swapping out junk 6.4 with 85k and putting 12 cummins in. 450 service truck will have pics:D

#2 ·
What are you going to do with the 6.4?

#8 ·
LOL

#10 ·
Are you nuts:eek:

#13 ·
Some of them are junk, one sitting at the shop with a hole right through a piston all stock.

Sounds like he has had simular issues and wants a dependable work truck, you CAN NOT beat the dependabilty of a 12v in a light duty truck. Dont think he installing it to get 600hp.

#44 ·
:whs: You can't beat an all mechanical 12v cummins motor for all out dependability. I've got a 6.4 too and I don't know if I'd do the swap or not, but it isn't a terrible idea IMHO.

#19 ·
I guess if you can afford to have a work truck down every 6 weeks yeah thats kool but you have 600 hp ok does no good in the shop. need reliable 6.4 is for sale call 410-708-9953 also if you want a 12v p pump call me also we made are own motor motors just bought adapter plate.

#20 ·
hey this is the ####### who owns the 450 first of you want to talk performance i think thats stupid but while we are on the subject a plate, injectors, governer springs and turbo gets me 500hp (by the way hp sucks torque is usefull) thats about $1000 of #### the sct dpf delete kit i bout cost $1,200 and kn filter another $250. im sorry but whoever thought it was cool to build a motor that you needed to take the cab off the truck to work on it should be shot in the head, thats total crap. 1/8" stamped steel rockers with platic retaining clips are also crap so keep on pushing hp through that motor trust me they will break, if you are lucky it wont be a exhaust rocker.

#21 ·
fleet trucks and big trucks dont use v8 diesels because they are junk they have to stay running so they can do something called WORK. if you dont want to live with your parents you have to WORK. i want my truck to WORK. inline motors however are used in big boy trucks because they WORK. they aren't for drag racing or pulling stupids sleds they are for making money to pay grown up bills, by the way i am 24 not 50 i think stupid young people have stupid priorities.

#30 ·
Are you serious??? ever since the introduction of the computer the customer has really been somewhat unable to work on his own rig, probably for good reason... some people just shouldnt work on there own vehicles... I take it thats why your PAYING a shop to work on yours????

#26 ·
Haha this thread is a joke and some of these guys need to learn how to form a sentence

#37 ·
Around here ups trucks have a mix, some have 7.3 , some are 4 cyl brand x, some are cummins.
Bottom line, they all break, they all had good ones. For all out tq, and hp , probably need an inline dollar for dollar. For fun to drive hp, any of them will work okay, I'll take my 7.3. For reliable daily driver stick to stock, and they all are decent. Some were better, some worse. Early model ANYTHING I'd steer clear! Only reason 12 valves didnt have alot of issues with their "early model dodges" is that they have been around much longer than any light duty diesel pickup! Cummins been makin those since beginning of time I believe. Otherwise theyu probably would have had issues too. Of course the rest of the truck they came wrapped in , well.....thats a whole different story, now isnt it? Ever heard of a 95-96 dodge with cummins that the brakes lasted 150,000 miles?, How bout tranny? How bout the interior?

I'll take a 95-97 OBS FORD with a 12 valve, and a BTS please! About 600 hp, and 1100 ft pounds. Sounds like the perfect truck. Of course an 08?? hmmmm Whatever trips your trigger. Id a went CR, but hey......I still play with 7.3's :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.