3K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  00PSD1 
#1 ·
So I sold the F550 and got this little guy as my daily driver :poke:
by next week I should have my big rig. :D

-
Andrew

See less See more
#6 ·
Its a dark blue xlt, has 156K miles on it and its 4x4 the only bad thing is the brakes need to be replaced soon.

tomorrow its going to the shop to get gauges, injectors, turbo, transmission etc put in.... it should be pretty fast. :lookaround:

its nice being able to fit in one parking space or being able to make a u turn without reversing... this is the first truck I have owned that's not a dually and I like it.

#11 ·
Looks good Andrew.

Everybody notice, Andrew said it is going into the shop. That means he is having it done, not doint it himself. No rags, no nothing.

Sounds like you have been trying to make your dream come true Andrew. Congrats.

#13 ·
Wow sorry to see that truck go. Bet it's like driving a hot wheels around now compared to how it use to be. LOL LOL

#14 ·
hey Craig

I do like that Pete but the Cat is kind of the drawback from what I hear they really like to gulp diesel down at least for my first truck I am going to go with a detroit.

here are the single axle trucks I was looking at I liked the international but I found out that my buddy's truck is short enough to work with my trailer.:D

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=2138523

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=2163712

Here is my friend's 04 columbia I am buying with 14L Detroit and 10 speed. It has new brakes, tires, alternator and more.

here is a pic
[URL=http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2566176420078681171fiKAnM][/URL]

#15 ·
driving a 250 is so much easier and enjoyable it is nowhere near as bumpy as the 550 I love it. It's nice being able to go through drivethrus also

thanks everyone...actually the guy who bought the truck didn't want the bed as he was going to put a flatbed on it so I still got the fontaine bed.

#16 ·
Cats are known for that, I stay away from them. Cant do wrong with a detroit, other then power.

A tandem axle is better for the long run, that way if you need the capacity to pull any heavier freight.

Here is my friend's 04 columbia I am buying with 14L Detroit and 10 speed. It has new brakes, tires, alternator and more.

How many miles? Price?

04 has EGR:doh: Condo for stepdeck work :doh: think mpg....

#17 ·
it has 675k miles and has been very well maintained he is asking $22k but I want to get it a little cheaper than that. If I find a flattop truck with everything I want I will go with that.

Which ever truck I get I am going to have it dynoed and have oil analyis done for the engine, trans and diffs.

I hear you about the condo and mpg... plus I really hate how they look
The problem is I couldn't find a midroof/flatop with the motor or trans I wanted. there was one but the truck was to long to work with my trailer I would have been 75ft+ with how far the 5th wheel needed to be clear the mudflaps

I can always either have my buddy who is a really good fabricator cut the condo part off and make it a flattio or go to the junkyard and get a flattop cab/sleeper and have that put on there.

oh other thing is you have to have an 04+ moto in cali in 2014 you cant have any motor older than that and you can run that till 2019 and then you have a 2010 or newer engine after that:aiwebs_001: dont ya love cali :hehe:

#22 ·
Hey PSD where in San diego are u located?

#24 ·
I personally prefer the old two-stroke Detroits (aka "Driptroits") like the 671 and 871. The only time you ever had to worry about them is when they stopped leaking oil.

#27 ·
Our former dump truck at work had a 2 stroke detroit. Lets just say everyone in town knew where the truck was... She blew up a few weeks back, so a new engine/truck is now in her place, and I don't miss the 2 stroker one bit. I have never driven a motor you actually thought was going to blow up from idle to rev limiter...

#26 ·
why not buy a tandem axle truck like you want pull the front drive out slide rear drive foward to where you want it cut framerails to work with trailer,then sell the front drive or keep it for parts.its also a semi fuel mileage aint gonna be great anyway.if you want decent power and mileage get a cummins red top,only newer engine with best of both worlds.cat loves fuel/detroit lacks power.

#28 ·
If I can get a tandem axle truck that works with my trailer I am going to go that route I dont want to be worried about being overweight on my axles.
and I don't have to buy another truck when I get my heavier duty trailer within the next couple years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.