Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

towing goosenecks with a lift question

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  squeak12 
#1 ·
i have a 6 inch lift on 35 's and tow my goosneck stock trailer and flatbed fine. i wanna go to a 8 inch on 37's but im not sure if itll be too tall. does anybody eslse run an 8 with 37;s and still tow a goosneck without lifting the trailer?

#3 ·
Depends on the brand, you would be better off doing some measuring and seeing how close it'll come to the bed rails. I know my trailer manufacturing company will build a custom gooseneck with a longer neck for a lifted truck.

#8 ·
Is the truck a short bed or a long bed..? If your goin to be pullin any type of wide nosed trailer you need a long bed..guy with a mega cab cummins bought a 24 ft wide nose cargo trailer from us last week and crunched the back part of the cab on the second turn with it. As far as the lift...some goosenecks..ours do..have adjustable necks that you can lower or raise them. You should be alright just be careful on hills and inclines and not to crunch the tailgate.

#9 ·
From my understanding you can't tow with an 8" lift. That is why I went 6". But if you have a custome neck then I wouldn't see why not. Then you just have to watch how the trailer sits behind you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.