Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Dt466 swap

25K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  smokyred 
#1 ·
Anyone know anybody who has done this swap? i would love to read an article and see some numbers.. a 7.6L Inline 6 sounds like a cummins killer!

#5 ·
Common Rail 7.3...............:bowfast:

#18 ·
I really like the idea of this swap. But i am confused on the injection pumps that come on the 466's. what year exactly did they switch to HEUI and witch years are p-pumps. i also saw that some of these engines had rotary pumps. And on the p-3000 how much power can be made with stock injectors/turbo with just truning this pump up. I have heard mixed results on this pump some say it is great some say you would be better off with a 7100. I also saw some of these came with an MW pump. Is this a good pump? Sorry for all the questions but it doens't seem like there is a lot of info about these engines.

#19 ·
94 came the HEUI just like the PSD. Never seen a 7100 on a 466. there were lots of other pumps on various years. This motor was available through many years and in many types of equipment from trucks to ag machinery. There is a fair amount of info out there (alot of misinformation too). You gotta feel your way through the BS. I had to make my own decisions with alot of help from Hypermax, Scheids, Columbus and the other biggies in the tractor pulling world. But let me caution that the DT466 is a big motor and will not fit without major mods, body lifts, firewall mods, radiator in bed etc., definetely not your daily driver way to go, but then again it might be.

#23 ·
Just doing the fuel plate of fuel screw(depending on the pump) will get you around 30, maybe 40hp. I got a truck at work with all the cheap mods(#0 fuel plate, tightened gov springs, and timing), and it has an Allison MT653. It's been holding that daily for a few years. We're only talking around 280hp/800tq. In a pickup, they could take much more, since it would be lighter, and easier to break the tires loose.
Pipewhiner, the truck 466's from 93 to mid 97 did come with a "proper" P-pump, not the 3000:

I almost did a 466 swap in a Super Duty a couple years ago.If any stock truck could fit one, the SD could. It still needed lots of new firewall and floorboard to even come close. There's been a few other people attempting it, and not go thu with it. Get out the tape measure, and see just how much room you have. Sometimes a 3" body lift still isn't enuf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.