Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

wiring my electric fuel system

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aljay 
#1 ·
G'day all! I had hoped to wait until warmer times to install my electric fuel system. Alas the stock pump started leaking last week - now I get to do it outside in the cold/ice/snow - lovely. I'm a machinist so the mechanical part of things is no problem. But I'll admit to being electrically derilect and in need of some detailed help here.

I want to use the spare relay/fuse sockets in the underhood magic box. Am so far undecided on using either a pressure switch or inertia switch to cut out the pump. I like the idea of having pressure for startup with the inertia switch. But would the pump run when ignition is in the ACC position? I need to know where to tap in for power to the pump and my pre pump heater. How do I wire the fuse/relay and inertia switch? I can make a neat job of things once I know what gets wired where. This truck is my baby so I go to great lengths making sure all my mods look factory and not like a hack job.

#2 ·
By the way welcome to PSN. I'm not sure that I can help you but I am in the same boat as you though.

#3 ·
If you want to add a relay in the factory box it takes some doing. I would go and snag a couple of complete ford fuse boxes with relays from the junk so you can practice getting them apart without damage before you mess with yours. They will also have the guts inside that you will need to add a relay. If you are OK with an add on relay they make all kinds of nice weather proof ones that you can order from companies like Waytec and such.

Tom

#4 ·
I've got 2 spares of the boxes a friend gave me so I don't trash my own. But how to hook up the necessary wires? :confused: Like I said - I'm electrically derelict here. :pointlaugh:

#5 ·
Well if you take apart the box you will see pretty much how the factory ones work with a bus bar and leads for the fuses. I don't have pics to of that and my memory is not good enough to remember the exact details.

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.