Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Can you help out a susp newb?

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
I'm looking for something temporary, until I can afford the "badass" kit in the future (not sure yet how wild I'll go). But for now, I'd like to get something simple and cheap. It can be as simple as a leveling kit. I'd like to stick to $500 or cheaper if possible. Can you give me some ideas? Anything in my budget worth doing for now?

#2 ·
leveling kits are cheap. Truck toys has some good ones, they are a sponsor here. Or you can find a used 4"-6" lift in that price range, i got my old 6" off craigslist for $300. Check craigslist and the classified here for used stuff, or talk to (i thitnk his name is Dan) trucktoyzstore.com

#3 ·
For around $500-$600,..you can get Bushwackers,...and easily fit 36"-37" tires....

If your goal is just to fit larger tires, this is the best route,..because you won't have to worry about driveline angles, vibrations, brakes lines, caster/camber, an alignment, steering angles, centering the front axle...etc, etc, etc, etc.....or any other issues that come with lift lifts.

#6 ·
Figure out what you where you want to go to in the future, and build around that.

I would suggest a 3" hanger/shackle kit for the front and a taller block in the back. That way you can add bigger springs when you have the funds. Putting $500 towards a lift that you'll toss out later is no real savings. You might be able to sell off some parts, but only for pennies on the dollar.

#10 ·
I would do like already stated and not waste the money on a small lift now if you want 6"-8" if the future. You can spend a little more and get what you want.

#11 ·
The 2.5" lift is $160. I'm not seeing big lifts anywhere near $500, so it won't get purchased anytime soon. There's other things that need to be purchased before it also. (tires, gauges,etc.)
I'm just not seeing anything else in my price range. Can you guys post examples of what I should be looking at?

#13 ·
that would be a good choice. also you could do a 2" hanger kit. then down the road add a 4 or 6" lift to it. that would net you a total of 6-8. plus the
4-6 leafs may ride a little nicer

#14 ·
X2..If you want to go to a 6-8" lift in the future I would get a hanger lift..3-4.5" Then later get Icon's 4" front springs..will ride better than a 6 or 8" spring kit. You would be able to keep the track bar thats needed with the 3" hangers or everything that comes with the 4.5" hanger kit but would need to get new rear springs and shocks..miss parts also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.