Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Leaf spring bushing ?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  3-StarJ.R. 
#1 ·
Is it possible to press new bushings in w/ out a press and leaving them on the truck. I just want to know before I get in to something I can't finish.

#2 ·
if you had a porta power maybe might be hard to get enough room though. its not that hard to pull them off.

#4 ·
If they made tires out of bushing rubber they would out last the truck. They can withstand direct flame from a torch & still require a sledge hammer to beat out. I replaced a set with Moogs.

#5 ·
The old one are the easy part. I just don't want to have to take it somewhere if I don't have to. But that might be the easiest thing to do.

#8 ·
I think I'm going to try it myself but I was thinking about using a long bolt and some big washers to try and squeeze them in if they get difficult.

#9 ·
You are on the right track. Here's the ******* way. :D

1/2" all thread, saws-all, piece of heavy piping the size of the spring eye, flat washers.
Press out the center steel bushing, saw a couple of grooves in the rubber to easily remove, Carefully Cut two groves in the outer steel bushing but be careful not to score the spring eye and chisel it out. Easily accomplished with the springs on the truck. The aluminum bushings @ the top of the pic are the caltrac bushings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.