Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Show me your gauge pods that aren't on the a piller.

12K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  cshsrh 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting some gauges. Probably just 3, pyro, trans temp, and fuel pressure. Where are you guys mounting gauges. I don't want to mount on the a piller and lose the handle. Does someone make a mounting pod to go where the pullout cubby is under the 4x4 switch on a 06 F350?

#2 ·
I have a 4 gauge pod for over the mirror.

On my truck that handle has been unbolted since the first time I started working on the interior, the steering wheel is just much easier to reach and use, at least for me.

Only thing I don't like about this pod, and it might be different on other trucks, but my rear view mirror doesn't work anymore because I can't get it up high enough for the right angle to veiw anything but the back seat. Moving the mirror down an inch or so would fix this without a problem.

#6 ·
Those look sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

#4 ·
Wow jdc I really like the look of that set up.... Is it a pain to look up there and look at them or is it pretty easy?

#9 ·
Thanks, they actually aren't that hard to see at all. I don't think they would be as second nature or peripheral vision as the a-pillar gauges but not too hard to take a glance and see them

jdc....i really like the look of those gauges! what brand/type??
Thanks, just like Joe's (CSIPSD) they are Isspro performax. One day I will have almost as many as him lol

Not the greatest, but here is a night shot.

#7 ·

There ya go... Only one not there is the dash top pod.

The underdash I would bet could be made to work on a 06, but I would have to see it in person to verify that.

#10 ·
There ya go... Only one not there is the dash top pod.

The underdash I would bet could be made to work on a 06, but I would have to see it in person to verify that.
i like that underdash set up. that's what im lookiing for. abrannan19 has a similar set up. what year is his truck?

#15 ·
The fuel pressure sender will also thread directly into the regulator that most Regulated Return kits use. I run ITP's kit and I just put the in-cab gauge sender right into the regulator, where the underhood gauge used to be. If you're not running a regulated return, there is a plug on either side of the factory fuel filter bowl that can be used...

#19 ·
One thing to keep in mind you tend to want the pyro & boost gauge mounted in a spot that allows you to keep your eyes focused on the road. Just for the sheer reason like boost as soon as you let off the throttle you loose boost so it's a pain (& unsafe) to stare at a gauge off to the side or below the dash when your driving WOT. The rest of them, water, oil, trans, don't matter as much. Atleast the way I like mine setup.

This is prob the setup I'd have if I wasn't running them on the pillar-

#21 ·
Anybody have a 05+ truck without a drivers side glove box? Mine has one but that piece is only for a 99-04. I'm trying to see how it attaches to see if i can make it work.

#23 ·
its a little compartment that pulls out right under the switches/brake controller that my truck has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.