Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

'08 Front Bumper

5K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Busser04 
#1 ·
I realized I never posted my bumper build over here so I figured I would real quick...

I decided it was time to put a little protection up front and I had this winch lying around for a few months so I bought some steel and started at it. Not finished yet, still have some plate to put on, then going to have a local shop bend me some tube for the grill guard.

The brackets to attach to the frame are 3/8" plate. The winch box is 1/2" plate and the skin is 3/16". Uses all factory bolt holes, 6 per side. It's plenty beefy.

The winch is a Warn M15000.

On too the pics:

Factory bumper off:

Brackets:

Back plate on:

Bottom and winch mocked up:

Nice triple pass weld:

Winch box:

Top plate on:

All that is left is to cut the hatch for the winch, the hole for the fairlead and have the tube bent.

Here are a few pics as to where it is now, except all the welds are cleaned and polished up...

Wow! I didn't realize that last pic was so blurry!

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are a few pics:

Alright...almost there. The local fab shops were about 2 weeks out on bending the tube. So... i went to harbor freight, bought myself an $80 pipe bender and started bending. Still waiting on a locking T handle for the winch door but it should be here early next week. Once I get that, I just have to cut the holes and coat it. All the skin and tube is on.

Here is what I came up with (Gonna get better pics tomorrow outside):

#27 ·
Alright...almost there. The local fab shops were about 2 weeks out on bending the tube. So... i went to harbor freight, bought myself an $80 pipe bender and started bending. Still waiting on a locking T handle for the winch door but it should be here early next week. Once I get that, I just have to cut the holes and coat it. All the skin and tube is on.

What size pipe is that?

Is this the bender you used?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=32888

#9 ·
Thats one sweet bumper!! good job!

#11 ·
Nice!

#18 ·
looks awesome!

#26 ·
Dc - yeah I have an access hole and fairlead cut for the winch and have a few lights mounted on it now. I'll try to get some new pics.

Dennis - Yeah, I won't forget, when i get some tools I'll help you build one for sure.

#28 ·
The big stuff is 2" scd 40. The little stuff is some 1.5" i had lying around. Yeah thats the bender I used. It kinks the tubes a little, you just have to be easy when using it, and a little bondo and sandpaper works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.