Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Paint idea...opinions on this rendering ?

2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  jvencius 
#1 ·

See less See more
#2 ·
hmm, not really sure of the flames. Maybe some ghost flames.

#4 ·
if your into flames (which im not but can respect a good paint job) i think its pretty cool. I wouldnt have the white (or at least not near that much) in it like it is at the ends of the flames. I would also probably (if possible) like to see the middle flames that stop by the fuel door, go down closer to the body line and the bottom flames go down a back a hair more. Would look a little more full, i think the way it is right now is kinda cramped together. But overall IMO it could look good, just not my style. I do REALLY like the grey on the black though. Just maybe tweak it a little, or a different style flame like stated before.

#5 ·
I had one done with blue flames too...I thought that would look really good. It looked like a giant bruise. LOL

This is basically just a flame job off another truck that was chopped onto mine just to get a feel for a full flame job.

There would obviously be a lot more detail with airbrushed stuff and probably no white at all...nothing but shades of grey.
Possibly pinstriped in cobalt blue ?

#8 ·
i like it the way it is. smooth and clean. just my .02

#10 ·
I like the overall idea of the flames, i have just never been a fan of the skinny long lick flames. I like traditional flame kinda guy, but I do like the ghost flame idea. Just tweak em a little and they will be killer.

#22 ·
Honestly I like it in that picture

I think any sort of flames will add to the attention grabbing ability of the truck :poke:

but I like the shades of grey style on the all black truck, keeps it blacked out but with some detail while adding realisting flames or so would I think, take away from the overall look instead of complimenting it.

blue would probably look pretty good but I think whatever color or style gets done its gotta be more of a dark look like ghost flames, or the blue flames Alex posted or the original shades of grey flames.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.