Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

4" Pro-Comp Lift

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
So I got this lift from a buddy minus shocks, and u-bolts. Wondering what everyone out there is running for a highway truck for the nicest ride? And I got blocks for the back do you guys suggest getting new leaf's? And just wondering if you need a drop carrier bearing for a 4" kit or not I did not see one with what he gave me.. Thanks guys.

#2 ·
my kit came with a 1in block and an add a leaf.I only used the add a leaf since my stock block is 3.5 inches.I have the procomp 9000's that came with the kit and they ride pretty decent but if I had the money,I would get bilsteins.They can be had on ebay new for pretty cheap.I had to drop my carrier bearing with some homemade spacers.You can get the though from any suspension place for pretty cheap.The back of my truck sits 1 inch higher then the front.

#3 ·
where is the best place to get billstein lift shocks?

#4 ·
ProComp is a good ride, I like it on 35's. Mine came with a carrier bearing spacer, but it was thin, maybe 1/2". Easy to DIY.

Try Interior Offroad for those shocks, or Mopac. Both on Edmontons west end.

#5 ·
I have heard a lot of bad about the pro-comp shocks leaking. Do you do need to drop the carrier bearing on a 4" kit then?

#6 ·
Best ride is as follows:
hanger lifts up to 4.5"
X codes added to hanger kits up to 6"
Icon lift springs used with hangers after 6"..ie 4.5" hanger with Icon 4" springs will ride better than a 8" spring.
ETC...

Lift kits and Bilsteins..I can get you whats needed. PM me if I can help.

Cary

#8 ·
Is that hanger lift as in the leaf spring shackle?

#9 ·
#13 ·
So you can make your own then? I did it on my 96 Xploder and got 2.25" lift outa it.. Your saying I can do the same thing on my SD?

#15 ·
The ones for my Exploder were just 1/2" plate 2" wide x 12" long and that is it.. It is at least 5x stronger than the factory shackle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.