Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

GTP38R..... 20 lbs???

6K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  big_stroker 
#1 ·
I just installed this and I am only getting 20 lbs of boost. My stock one was about 25 or 26. Why the drop?

#2 ·
I just installed one this weekend as well. Mine is only doing 20 as well. No complaints as the truck still runs great I haven't lost any power. I pulled drove 6 hours round trip saturday night and hooked to the sled. It may be the way the tuning is for the trucks both having PMR's? Maybe someone else will know I wasn't going to worry about it...

#4 ·
My boost dropped going from stock to TN and 38R.

It's moving more air... that's why, but I bet your top end power has increased.

So long as you don't have a boost or exhaust leak.

#7 ·
Top end boost on my truck in sig is 34 psi. Make sure your waste gate is not opening on you.

#11 ·
Truck in sig. makes 33psi. You must have a leak or wastegate not set correctly.

#12 ·
my factory wastegate setting was starting to open at 10psi when i first installed my 38r

fixed mine with a simple wastegate adjustment

i can now hit 30psi+

#14 ·
I can hit 40 with stock injectors and my 38R. Only thing I may have different is ceramic coated up-pipes, but I wouldn't think that would make much of a difference.

Heck I could have a rag in my aftercooler as far as I know.

Truck runs great though.

#15 ·
Thats great for stock injectors. What type gauges are you using and what kind of tuning?

#21 ·
30 psi here right out of the box onto the truck stock injectors and dp tunes.I have had some 38r that i have installed with the waste gate not adjusted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.