Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Went with Diehard Platinums Batteries

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Torque37 
#1 ·
So yesterday I go to try and find the optimas I was going to replace my Diehard Golds with in my truck. To say the Golds went through some abuse is an understatement, I literally put them through hell and I am suprised how long they lasted. I went to Costco because I know they had them before and they had them for a good price. When I went there, come to find out that costco is phasing out the optimas. Well, I come back home and start looking into my decision for the optimas to find out optima dropped their 4 year warrenty, and went with a 3 year beginning earlier this year. I also starting hearing about how their quality control has been not up to par as it used to be.

After seeing all of that, and the fact that I could not find a place quickly for an optima, I decided to look into the Platinums. They have a 4 year free replacement warrenty, and another 52 month pro-rated warrenty after the first 4 years with means a little over 8 year warranty. Also they have a CCA of 930 as opposed to 800 of the Optima, and a higher RC of 140 as opposed to 120 of the optima. This intriqued me, but the problem was they are $190 a battery. I was about to spend $170 for an optima so I deciced lets try it.

I walk into Sears with one of my old Diehards(I don't have the money for both until I get paid my next check in October, which I am not driving my truck anyways, I just need to move it). I put the old one on the counter while the salesman gets the one out of the back of the store. He comes out and looks at my core, and to my amazement he tells me its still under warranty(I have NO reciept mind you). I ended up with a $75 credit towards my new battery. Nice little suprise i wasn't expecting.

I saw posts on here about them also, and a little more information to add. They are a dry cell battery made by the same company they makes Oddessy batteries. I saw Oddessy having a very high reputation everywhere I looked, and they are also a Dry cell battery like the Optimas. I can't really explain on well they work in the truck until I get them both installed and a D/S installed to move it. I can't do any work to my truck so I have to wait for a friend to come by that I trust to do the work.

See less See more
#8 ·
Just put a new optima in my truck friday. It has been having to crank on one small red top optima now for a little over a month. Little red top optima was doing fine but would of had problems when cold weather got here. Got a new blue top optima for $180 from napa :D

Will be phasing the red top out for a blue top eventually. Never going back from the optima's. They have never let me down.

#9 ·
I have running the diehard Platinums for about 2 months. So far they are great, truck has never crank this fast. Even Brian (BTS) commented about how fast it crank. Best of all no more leaky Duralast & 100 month warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.