Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Fog lights

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  6.0DieselBro 
#1 ·
I would like to install fact fog lights on my early 99. What will it take? I want a fact install, not a toggle switch affair. Thanks for any info.

#19 ·
I'm trying to do this to my 04 XL. I found the connector for the fog lights on the frame rail. I bought an OEM fog light harness, a light switch with fog light capability, and fog light assemblies. When I put everything together, the fog lights won't turn on. I checked the wiring harness with a multi-meter, and there's no voltage coming through it with the light switch on fog light.

#3 ·
Thanks, are these available in the salvage yards or does places like LMC truck have them?

#4 ·
lmc has everything but it will cost ya, i would look on internet and salvage yards see what you can find. Ebay is where i find all my junk

#5 ·
#7 ·
Thanks for the link. Not a bad price. With the fact switch do the headlights need to be on or what??

#6 ·
is there a way to make the factory fog lights on an 01 come on with out having the headlights on with all factory switches?

#9 ·
Thanks guys!!

#10 ·
Did you get this to work? Because on 99-00 trucks a fact switch (01 up) for foglights wont plug-in to that harness. Also 01 up the relay is hard wired into the main harness behind the glove box. My truck is a 00 and i have looked into this. I have all the stuff foglights, switch, mounts etc. It looked like I was goin to have to pull the pins out of my harness and change plugs and then iirc the yellow wire on the other switch sends current out when you pull it. And I was goin to go from there. But I would love to know an easier way.

#11 ·
I'm finding that I'm gonna install a push pull switch somewhere under the dash to a relay to the lights. I'm lazy!! Maybe just putting a lot of time converting from srw to dually right now so time is scarce.

#13 ·
Then the fog lights will be on anytime the lights are on, correct? I want them seperate so if I don't need them they are not on. I'll need to try it and see.

#14 ·
I used a push-pull fired from a keyed source and a relay mounted by the batt. Works great. Put it on the bottom of column out of sight.

#15 ·
I like to have stuff working like factory if I can Ill let you know how switching the wires and such goes once I get it done

#17 ·
I do also but wouldn't put out the $120 for the headlight switch. Plus I wanted them to operate seperate of the head/park lights.

#18 ·
Like I did, see previous post. A small push/pull switch and a relay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.