Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Crew Cab Sub Box

64K views 43 replies 12 participants last post by  Bigdiezel 
#1 ·
Im looking for ideas for a box for some subs to fit behind the rear seat in my CC. any of you guys have any pics of your own?

I would like to put two 10's behind the rear seat and a couple amps underneath it.

#2 ·
here is my set up, my truck is a 06' lariat cc

you would never even know it was there

#4 ·
here is my set up, my truck is a 06' lariat cc

you would never even know it was there
that is exactly what i am wanting to do to mine. problem is finding a couple subs that will fit in a box that small and have the air space that is needed.

#3 ·
I just put one Memphis MC 12, the thin series in a ported box that runs the length of the cab and a Memphis PR2100 400 watt amp on it. It hits hard for one sub and had a great sound quality. The amp is mounted under the seat.

A buddy of mine has 4 Boston acoustic 10's behind his seat, it sounds real good, but a little to loud for my needs

#6 ·
Look up probox...their out of texas...my buddy just got two shallow 10s..in box for his 05 f150 two door..for bout 500..his windshield flexs if he turns the bass up to much..hes already rattled the rear view mirror off. Check them out.

#8 ·
The subs in my box are JL w0, i think they sound pretty awesome. They dont shake the world or anything but they do have good base and are very clear and clean sounding. JL also recently put out a shallow mount sub. JL Audio TW5 Subwoofers - Car Audio Subwoofers
These were not out at the time i did my system, they are kinda pricey but would be my speaker of choice.

#9 ·
They need to come in a smaller size though. A 13 is better suited for rap.

#16 ·
Like 06 said if you can get a truely tailor made ported box then go for it, even this will take some experimentation to get it perfect for your sub and your vehicle but can yield the best in both output and even SQ.

Sealed is much easier to build and to incorporate into the vehicle since it takes up a smaller space per sub. Sealed also offers the most even response across the spectrum making it easier to tune for sound quality and your vehicle.

Both have their place, generally ported=SPL and sealed=SQ but this isn't a concrete definition.

if anyone is interested in some absolutely TOP NOTCH custom sub boxes then here are a couple guys to check out...

Fisher Customs, top quality boxes both in design, construction and asthetics, anything from kerfed ports to 2-tone carpet, plexi and led, anything you can imagine can be done
Fisher Customs - A Leader in Car Audio Fabrication

Mr Marv, cabinet maker by trade and does excellent work and loves car audio. Holds an annual car audio BBQ with some of the biggest names on the west coast, Marvs Place

#17 ·
well i will most definitely be building my own box so i will stick with a sealed box over ported. I built a sealed box for my last truck and it sounded awesome. I just made sure to build it to the size which the sub required. thats what i plan on doing now for the CC.

#18 ·
Give this a shot, sub box calculator

Try to build it to the correct volume and port tuning that the subwoofer calls for. Just play with some numbers and see what comes out. It may not be possible to build a hidden ported box but you never know. We used this calc to build a ported box for 2 12's and it came out damn good!

Pay attention to box vol. in cubic ft, and tuned frequency at the bottom.

Edit: I played with it for a while, and the port is gonna have to be real thin to get the frequency down...

#21 ·
so my truck is an 01 and doesnt have that bump out thing on the back wall of the cab. that should make it a little less difficult to build one i think.

What i really need to do is pick out my subs first then build the box to fit them rather than just find a box that will fit and throw in some subs.

#22 ·
If you can swing the cash go for one of those JL slim mounts. JL always has really great quality stuff.

#26 ·
Yup i wouldn't get any other sub... Have 2 pairs and these things get low and loud... If you can swing the cash, hell they probably cost the same as slims and have the room to work with , This is the sub to go with or the tens. They have a new T1508 and T1510 That's .75 Slimmer on mounting depth... Check em out guys do a pair and be amazed.... LOL

#29 ·
You should just go ahead and move it forward 2 inches. I am glad I did , ended up redoing my box last week and the added space gave me room to fire them forward this time around, I had my first box downfiring, which in these trucks is no bueno for sound...

#30 ·
My kids would be paying the price in leg room if I moved the seats up 2 inches not to mention how safely are you doing the modification ?

plenty of good choices out there that don't require moving the seats IMHO
although I know plenty do it just chucking out the " con's"

#32 ·
Sub'd

#33 ·
I dont have any pics right now but i can probably text or email you some. I usually drive with both front seats all the way back. and have had 6ft + persons ride in back comfortably.. On a new Dodge mega cab, you could do one loud system without needing to move anything. :evil

#34 ·
#43 ·
So what modifications need to be done for the rear seat to be moved forward 1-2" and what did you do about your seatbelts ??
chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.