Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Selling My Truck.

3K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  antibullock 
#1 ·
I havn't really been thinking about selling my truck. But I guy offered me 22,000 for it. and I only paid 16,000. and put about 3grand in it? you guys think I should go for it? I'd want to buy another truck after I sold this one.

#6 ·
Yeah I love my truck. But If I can Come out better and maybe get some money to do some more aftermarket stuff to a new truck then I'm thinking maybe its worth it.

#4 ·
I don't know if I'd a 6.4 I might buy a 7.3 or another 6.0L

#5 ·
22k sounds like a nice offer, but for some reason used truck prices are skyrocketing now. Check the classifieds, autotrader.com, even some dealer lots. Look at what you are going to buy and what it will do to your monthly payment. Unless you have a clear title you will have to pay off the lien against the truck. If you bought the truck for 16k and financed it you might have actually paid 18k or more with finance charges.

#7 ·
I paid cash

#10 ·
If you paid 16k cash and he is offering 22k cash then I would definitely go for it. Don't get offers like that all the time, take it and grab a nice new 6.4L

#14 ·
I don't like the idea of buying a 6.4 with all the new emissions stuff on it

#17 ·
yeah. I'm just hoping if I sell it I can find another good truck after.

#18 ·
You will you just gotta be patient.

#19 ·
I'm think about going all out if I get a new truck. Studs, injectors, SCT, intake, stacks, fuel system, EGR delete, 6inch lift 37s. and someother stuff haha

#20 ·
Like stated before, go and get yourself a 6.4L. A guy that goes to my church has one and the truck has all kinds of power even in stock form. We took the DPF/CAT off of it and put a Spartan tuner with the 275 tune on it and the truck screams now. I'm going to get a 6.4L once this truck is paid for and I get some of my schooling paid off. You could have half the money in a 6.4L as you would a 6.0L and have double the power if that is what you are after. Just something to think about if you are still undecided. Also, when we installed the tuner and the DPF/CAT delete, his fuel mileage went from around 12-14 mpg highway to 19-22 mpg and that is with an F-350 CC SB 4x4.

-French

#22 ·
thats another good point. I kind of would like to see what the 6.7's look like

#23 ·
Well heres my plan..i want to keep my 7.3 for my toy..and build bout a 500 or 600 hp toy...then i want a dualie..7.3 or 6.0 or 6.4..havent decided yet...then my fiance wants a diesel now so looks like il have three of them to play with:evil...but i would love to find and get a OBS 350 4x4 long bed swr cc...my buddy had one in high school and we put it thru hell and back a couple times..i loved that truck.

#24 ·
I would love to get my hands on an 97 7.3. I love the looks of them.

#26 ·
i do not think I really know how much I could do. because I'd have to buy the 97 then I'd have a couple grand left. and I know its really expensive to do anything with these 6.0s

#27 ·
i do not think I really know how much I could do. because I'd have to buy the 97 then I'd have a couple grand left. and I know its really expensive to do anything with these 6.0s
With some companies keeping hard running stock 7.3l bottom ends together at 680 rwhp, you could do more than that. If you're patient, and find the right truck, with $22,000 you should be able to, put whatever tires you want on it, paint it, exhaust, injectors, turbo, tranny and couple other supporting mods for 500+ rwhp, and STILL have a couple of grand left. Best part, it won't puke all over the place.

7.3's sound way better anyway :poke:

:ford:

#28 ·
well when you put it that way... haha that sounds pretty sweet. Well If you guys see a 7.3 let me know;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.