Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

this needs fixing!!!

7K views 32 replies 7 participants last post by  BFT 
#1 ·
ive been having check engine lights go on with my truck which is beginning to annoy the piss out of me!
i currently have spartan 150 175 & 210 tunes, cat/dpf delete and banks intake...and no, the banks intake is not the reason!
p2563, p2263, p006b and a egr code but would have to check. those are the codes going off in my truck and reads negative manifold psi when beginning to accelerate from a full stop!
any help would be GREAT...

#8 ·
This is just a theory. Heavy tune with the egr system in place could cause a heavy build up in the intake manifold restricting the sensors which would make the egr act up. Also giving the boost numbers in the negative. You could pull the map sensor and check. Are you having any performace issues or just the codes?

#11 ·
when the codes started the egr was disabled through the tuned with the upper plate installed. performance issues are shown but only when the truck is warmed up a bit. when the truck comes to a stop the turbo codes come up but performance is still affected.
i only have the 210 tune though and the max psi ive seen was 41 psi before it dropped to 38 or a bit more.
thanks for yours and the following fellas responce opens up some doors to some possibilities.

#12 · (Edited)
I havent looked real hard at the flow of the egr valve and coolers in the system, but could it be making a vacuum or low pressure area near the ebp with only one plate installed? I looked at my absolute manifold pressure with my chip and its showing 12psi KOEO if that helps with the diag. A restricted map sensor could cause the low boost reading.

#13 ·
the only way i can describe this is turbo lag and vaccuming. even with the codes boost goes up to about 36 but it takes a while to get there.
i was guessing maybe the egr, but it was disabled through the tune when it all happend.
i loaded all the info to spartan in hopes that they can shine some light on the problem. the truck still runs strong its just the psi issue thats killing the performance.
ill take a small video tomorrow to sow what im talking about.

#14 ·
K I think your problem code is the p2563. Pcm monitors the turbo accuator duty cycle given vs the accual reading. If it differs for more than 2.5 second it sets a code. Check the wiring and linkage to your turbo accuator. Let me know.

#15 · (Edited)
i can only see one connection going to the actuator and its not loose.
its underneath the actuator right?
another thing is MAP sensor would come on at idle as well even with the stock intake but doesnt comes up like the turbo codes

#17 ·
Your chip dosent have a fault does it. Take it off for a day and see if the check engine light still comes on. I am about out of ideas. :shrug:

#19 ·
got off the phone with a a real cool guy and said this problem might be leaning towards the egr issue which has popped up as a CEL. im hoping thats it and this will fix the problem!

sooo...who knows abut this egr stuff, haha!?

#20 ·
Let me know what you find out. Good luck

#22 ·
Now I have the P006B code in my truck, its the only code, sometimes when i monitor VGT duty cycle it will read zero, I need to check the conection on the turbo, cuz i was messin with it last week :D

The one super gey thing about it is, I threw the code and my truck wouldnt start, I had to clear the code before it would start, I cant image owning a stock truck and that fugger leaving my stranded, what a joke, I loaded the 310 last night, it didnt throw a code but it was actiing funny for sure, even with the VGT at 0% duty cycle the truck is not laggy and sounds throaty as hell.

#23 ·
my rig sounded the same way! i wonder if cleaning out the sensor with some carb cleaner and some air will fix it bring that its a brass sensor?
the MAP sensor is the same as far as brass sensor is concerned. just changing one sensor took care of the four CEL's!

#27 ·
i hear yah on that one bud! its a pain in the but when you dont have the technology and when you need your truck prety much every day, haha! im trying to put some money away for my build, but its tuff, especially around the holidays!

#29 ·
wow, i gotta go to you, haha!!!
i slaved away this passed week on a side job doing concrete formwork at UCLA with a nasty flu, lost my voice and found out im not going to get money for 3 weeks minimum:doh:

#31 ·
its all good, they seemed happy to find out i lost my voice for the week so i couldnt yell anymore, haha!!!
they get all nervous and start running into eachother...but i but them a beer after and tell them "its just business babe" haha!!!
keep us posted on your build when it starts!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.