Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Brake Job

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackPearl03 
#1 ·
What will it take to replace the front discs on 03 F350 DRW 4x4? Any advice? Things to check while im in there? I think i have to tear the front hub down??

And while im asking this question, what about the rear?

Thanks

#4 ·
I haven't done a 4X but my 2X was straight forward like any other vehicke. Replaced frt rotors, turned rears and installed new pads. Adj the park brake. Mine has 1 pc rotor & hub on the frt so I repacked the brgs and installed new seals. The frt on a 4X will be a little diff. Maybe someone will jump in. Good luck.

#5 ·
Sorry but its been quite some time since I've been into the brakes on the front of a DRW SD, but this is what I can offer.

If you're REPLACING the rotors, I beilieve you'll have to press out the studs to seperate the hubs from the rotor. I don't remember for sure if the SD are set up that way or not. Seems like every other DRW truck is though. It's a good idea to change the studs at this time, but not always neccessary.

#6 ·
you will have to pull the spacer off with a socket and extention iirc they are a 13mm? Then pull the rotor off simple as pie. The hardest part is getting those damn dually spacers off the hub, then the rest is straight forward just like any other vehicle.

#7 ·
What powerstrokinc said.

The spacer and the rim as dissimilar metals and when they rust together... they're really fuggin on there.

Otherwise... it's a cake walk. Make sure you grease your slide pins.

#9 ·
Caliper??

#11 ·
Don't know that you said you replaced them:poke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.