Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Removing Parking Brake Cable from Frame Bracket???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Betaracer 
#1 ·
I'm trying to re-route my parking brake cable, and I can't seem to remove it from the parking brake bracket near the rear leaf spring eye.

A single cable is routed from the foot pedal down the length of the truck, and then it goes to a bracket where both cables are tied into the one cable. From there, each cable gets routed through a bracket that is welded to the frame.

The is near the forward mount of the left rear leaf spring, on a long bed.

I have removed the bar that ties the two cables to the one cable. however, I cannot seem to thread that cable back out through the frame mounted bracket. There's collar attached to it, but doesn't seem to be a way to remove it.

No C-clip or bulkhead type of fitting.

Any idea how to remove it?

Here's a diagram. The red arrow shows the area I'm having trouble with. I cannot seperate the cable from the bracket.

The Ford Repair CD says to "remove it". Yeah...okay.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Look on the forward side, see if there is a couple of little metal ears that you hve to squeeeze together to get throuth the hole.

#3 ·
The doubler bracket is attached to the single cable. Need to release the cable tension and then slip each cable to the brake out of the groove of the doubler. Then the entire cable/housing to the brakes can be pulled out rearward. The single cable to the foot lever is 2 parts. There is a dual slip groove connector at mid cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.