Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Searching for a Lift

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Rob02F350 
#1 ·
hey

i'm looking to do a suspension lift on my truck, but i need help especially because i cant make up my dam mind!

i dont really know which mfg is better then the other, i know what im hunting for though..

4-6", dual shocks all corners, 1" front trac bar, dual steering stabilizer, blocks in the rear to keep the factory springs, Track bar's for rear to control the axle. clearing 36X 12.50

if any of ya have something similar to that, what brand and whats the pro's and con's you have found?

for the investment.. im wanting something quality and that wont let me down even if i beat on it... a lot and tow.

thanks

-Rob

#2 ·
What kind of ride are you after? do you tow a lot?

For the money and ruggedness i love the BDS. it will ride firmer than an icon or such, but if you tow its great and it rides better than fabtech, superlift and all of the other main streams. I have never seen one sag either and they have a lifetime warranty. Plus we have a special for PSN members.

If its just a cruiser and you want the smoothest ride possible, look into icon.

#7 ·
I agree, DCSpecial hooked me up with 4" Icon Springs up front, dual Bilstein 5100 front shocks. Went with OUO 4.5" blocks in rear with stock springs and FS ride rite bags and Bilstein 5100 shocks.:bowfast:

When I added the 35x12.5x18 MT ATZ's i got exactly 6" of total lift in front over stock suspension and wheels. No rubbing at all. It also levelled the truck some by lifting the nose as my Road Armor bumper is a heavy mutha:evil The rear came to almost 5", so added a 4" drop tow hitch.

It is a totally different truck now, just cruises over rough dirt roads with ease and handles tight. I also tow a horse trailer regularly and ran with about 25psi in the bags it is a pretty sweet setup. I am planning on dual steering stabs next. Will post some pics this weekend when I have some time.

#4 ·
Icon is the best built and best riding, IMO.

For the rear if you want blocks and traction bars.......there is always the One Up Offroad Traction Blocks that combine the two :)

You could definitely beat the snot out of that combo and not have to worry about anything :D

#5 ·
If you want the best and have the money,Icon for sure.Something cheap that rides a little worse,procomp.

#6 ·
oh and do the 6in.Don't mess with the 4in.

#8 ·
i like what im hearing
i had a lot written up but ill keep it simple.

ill do some searching on what you guys are saying.

i dont care about ride, i bought a ford to use and abuse it and know the stiff ride comes with it till you put weight on it!

daily driver, weekend worker, wanting to get a goose neck or 5r for a bigger trailer. in time, built engine, trans, drive line for truck pulls

#9 ·
if youre going to tow heavy and add a bunch of power, youll need some air bags and traction bars for the icon rear springs. They were designed with a spring rate to ride nice first. BDS springs were designed to maintain factory gvw capacities. ICON is the cadilac kit out there imo and you will be very pleased with it. If youre on a budget and have heavy towing in mind, BDS fits the mold. Their warranties are both impecible.

#10 ·
I don't know too much about the fronts, but for me personally I want to go with the OUO traction blocks out back. Do some searching on here there are a few people using them both in lifted and stock height applications and they seem to work great. Big plus specially if you plan on doing any sled pulling, and this will keep your factory GVW springs and mounting application for airbag helper springs, all that with some Bilstein 5100 shocks and the rear should be done for just about anything.

#11 ·
The only other thing I will throw in is stay away from superlift and skyjacker lifts for these trucks.There leaf springs ride horrible in the two trucks I have experiance with.Both were 6in lifts and superdutys.My truck rode like a caddy compared to them.My buddys dually rides pretty good also with his 8.5in procomp lift and 38.5in boggers.I was surprised .Its bouncy but I blame that on the boggers.But as said,if you have the money go Icon.If not procomp is a good compramise.

#18 ·
i like the ride of my superlift..:D I think it rides better than stock but maybe the 5100 bilstein shocks have something to do with that.

i like my 4 inch an 37s but i had to cut up my bumper a but an hack my inner fenders. a 6 inch would have been better, but i like to be low.... kinda.

#12 ·
ICON is the best...but pricey...pro comp is alrite...stay away from rough country lifts..they are like the wal-mart brand of lifts. I have a buddy on my ntxpsa whos a 4wheelparts dealer/representative..he will work a deal with you if your read to buy or just getting some pricing.

#13 ·
6" Icon for sure, duel shocks up front but singles out back, with the traction bar set up DC was talking about.

I love my Donahoe 6" which has changed to Icon best springs I have had.

#14 ·
I love my 6.5" Procomp lift it was rough as hell when i first got it put on but has settled nicely and rides good now. For a low budget it is the best lift you can get. Oh and I agree with chappy don't waste your money on a 4" lift you will just want bigger in the long run!!!

#15 ·
Well finaly got some pics....

Attachments

#17 ·
so this is a little of what im thinking from what you guys have been saying..

https://www.offroadwarehouse.com/sc/

Part Number Product Quantity Unit Price Subtotal
ICO3-6000-99 ICON - ICON 6" Suspension System for 1999-2004 Ford F250/F350 4WD Super Duty ICON #3-6000-99

$1,287.99 $1,287.99
ICO3-9290 ICON - ICON Adjustable Pan-Rod Bar for 1999-2004 Ford F250/F350 4WD Super Duty and Excursion 4WD #3-9290

$230.99 $230.99
ICO3-37 ICON - ICON Carrier Bearing Drop Kit for 1999-2008 Ford F250/F350 4WD Super Duty ICON #3-37

$52.99 $52.99
ICO3-9010 ICON - ICON Dual Shock Mount for 1999-2004 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4WD & 2000-2004 Ford Excursion 4WD ICON #3-9010

$150.99 $150.99
ICO3-2170 ICON - ICON Dual Steering Stabilizer Bracket Kit for 1999-2004 Ford F250/F350 4WD Super Duty ICON #3-2170

$235.99 $235.99
Shopping Cart Total: $1,958.95

Pan Arm? another word for the arm in the front that you have to replace from 3/4 inch to 1" to keep the front end happy? cant remember the name..

what am i missing? besides track bars and shocks?

#19 ·
We sell all the same parts and are sponsors of this forum :D

The only thing they are cheaper on (in violation of Icon's dealer agreement) is the 6" lift without the shocks (they are $76.01 cheaper).

I can match that price....and we do have Free Shipping on that system (and Icon shocks, Icon adj. trac bar, etc..).

Let me know if you'd like a quote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.