Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

need a measurement from a CC 172" longbed quick!

1K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
I need a quick measurement for something I'm trying to figure out before I start looking for a truck.

*** the measurements I need must be taken from a 99-07 crew cab long bed 172" wheel base f250/350 ***

The measurements I need is from the gap right after the rear door, to where the bed starts (the gap in between the cab and the bed to be included in the measurement). I pointed it out in this pic-

Also, I need the measurement from that point by the rear door, to the center of the rear wheel. Again this has to be a 172" wheel base crewcab!

Thanks for anyone who takes a few minutes to grab these 2 measurements for me. I'm looking to buy one tomorow at an auction but before I drive out there I need these 2 measurments. Thanks again :)

See less See more
#3 ·
OK, went and took some quick measurements:

Door to bed was about 6.5"
Door to center of rear tire was about 61-62" (this one was a PITA in the dark by myself so I kinda just got close...)

#4 ·
Yea in the pic its a short bed but it was the first good side shot and it was just to show u what I needed :)

And thanks for the measurements. I'm lookin into gettin a CC 350 dually tomorow, and down the road when I find a cheap totaled excursion in the front end, I wanna buy it and cut the rear body off and put it in place of the 8' bed and make a 6 door excursion, then more down the road get a 650 front clip and make that work so it'll be a 6 door f650 lol.. (I can't afford a 650 right now so I'm gonna settle for a 350) plus I want 4x4 and all the 650s I've seen are 2wd if I remember

#5 ·
WOW, was not expecting a 6 door X as the project! You gotta post that up in the project forum when the time comes:ford:

#6 ·
I will for sure haha

I've been looking at the few companies that build them (obviously I don't have the cash to just have them build it for me) so I would like to take it on myself (with help from friends of course)

But from what I'm seeing, the excursion body from the rear doors back should sit perfect in place of the bed. My dad has an excursion so I'm going to use ur measurements, and measure from the front of his rear door, to the center of the rear wheel and see if its 61-62" like you said. If its a few inches off I may need you to remeasure (tomorow or whenever lol) to make sure its exactly 61 or 62" etc. But I'm at work now (damn graveyard shifts) so ill measure his real quick when I get home.

Only thing that confuses me, is if you google Alton truck company, look at there 6 doors, I emailed them and they said it was a 167" wheel base (which the f650 comes in a 167") but I don't see how the rear door would clear the wheel well, looks like it has to be a 172".. But as soon as I measure the excursion I will know for sure.

#11 ·
If you need a more accurate measurement just tell me, and I will do it during the daylight today. Only problem is I am in class right now, and can't just go out there and do it. I'm thinking the X distance might be a bit shorter than a LB truck...

#8 ·
Ill deff post pics when and if I ever do it. I will eventually just don't know how soon. I do wanna get the 350 and ill just drive it stock for now until I can get my hands on a 650 front end and a excursion for dirt cheap with a good rear body. Oh and I gotta wait until I have my own garage to start this lol

#12 ·
Ya the x is shorter than your truck for sure, but what I was measuring is from the start of the excursion rear door, to the center of the rear wheel. It actually is 61-62" so it should wprk just as I planned. If ur confused ill post pics later and it'll explain it a lot better than words lol

#13 ·
So it works out perfectly?

#14 ·
Should be.

Here is a long bed, I pointed out the measurment you took for me and got 61"-62".

Here is a pic of an excursion, from the start of the rear door to the center of the wheel, I also got 61"-62".

The rest of the excursion from the wheel on back SHOULD fill in the remaing space on the frame where the bed was.

And here is a pic of a 6 door where I outlined is where the original cc long bed truck was.

That should explain it better than me just typing words lol.

#15 ·
OK now I see what you are doing, nice...

#16 ·
One other thing if u don't mind. If u could confirm the 2 measurments from last night, and also get a measurment from the end of ur rear door, all the way to the very end of the numper (assuming your bumper is stock like my dads excursion so I can get accurate measurments)

#17 ·
One other thing if u don't mind. If u could confirm the 2 measurments from last night, and also get a measurment from the end of ur rear door, all the way to the very end of the numpe3 (assuming your bumper is stock like my dads excursion so I can get accurate measurments)

#18 ·
I will get that measurement for you today, and it will be very accurate this times as I will have help...

#19 ·
What are you going to do about the frt of the dually fenders??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.