Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Powersmokers runs on built motor

9K views 103 replies 35 participants last post by  Marty 
#1 ·
I'm track side tonight so everyone stay tuned for new times

#17 ·
Only ran a couple of times tonight.

My brand new PI spragless convertor is already broken. :mad: I only had 30 miles and 4 4wd launches on it. :shrug:

7.35 @ 94 1.66 60ft

7.4 @ 96 1.80 60ft.

Right after the last pass the truck wouldnt build any boost will sitting still.

Still a hell of alot of fuel left over.....I think i might have to add another stage.

I'll have it right for next weekend!

#25 ·
#27 ·
Thanks Greg!

If i could of gotten my 60ft down some down on my last pass.... i might of seen a 7.1 -7.2 which would probably put me somewhere around a 11.2 in the 1/4 mile.

Also bottle pressures were only around 800 psi. I need a bottle heater. Hopefully i will get some more track time soon and keep steeping up the jet sizes.....I have a feeling that the ts 2 stage kit isnt going to be enough.

#49 ·
It's not a "sprag problem", it is a spragless convertor. A sprag is basically a 1 way clutch in the normal style convertor but it has problems when a vehice loses and regains traction. Once damaged it will cause your 60' times to be all over the place.

#50 ·
once it's broken you can't spool up... i've broken way to many converters so believe me i know the feeling.... and i haven't had any good luck with the spragless yet, been through 2 very quickly.... but too, i've talked to a couple people that are running the spragless and are having no issues what so ever..... i think Brian and I are getting a bad batch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.