Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

...closer

73K views 423 replies 135 participants last post by  INTERNATIONAL7.3 
#1 ·
slowly but surely...

See less See more
#13 ·
Thats awesome, i was wondering what you guys were going to do about that, should make it a more affordable swap when its all said and done, and can be undone if needed, thats great work man really im supa impressed thanks for the pics!

#16 ·
That was the plan.

It's definitely not going to be "cheap"...but there are so many guys that already HAVE built engines DYING for more fuel to be more competitive....that we really needed to make this a "bolt on" kit, with no machine work required.

it's so cool...it's all "modular"...so.. if & when there is something "better" than the 6.4 injectors (say 6.7L PSD)...that with some different front cover backing plates (& inj adapters)...we can continue to grow with the newest advances in fuel injection.

very excited. :postwhore2:

#19 ·
:redspotdance::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i would like to thank the swamps crew for everything they've done for me and the truck!!! thanks for posting pictures dave... i can't wait til its in the truck and on the track!!! its been a fun ride with these guys over the past 3 years and we just keep getting faster and faster... the ole stocker decided to give up and get tired, and now they're building this beauty!! THANKS GUYS!!!!

btw dave, answer your text messages!! :poke:

#25 ·
So what's going on with the electronic side of that?

#39 ·
warning dumb question:doh:

will this engine a CRD 7.3 PSD?

#40 ·
WHY? I just don't get it. All that work to put more fuel to an engine that grenades with a half azzed fuel system on it just seems stupid to me. I would imagine that after the cost of the conversion and the tens of thousands needed to keep the block from becoming 2 4 cylinder engines you are only 20-30% away from the cost of a NEW TRUCK with a 6.4. Then for about 2k you could be 150 hp. more than any 7.3 that made it more than a month.

#42 ·
WHY? I just don't get it. All that work to put more fuel to an engine that grenades with a half azzed fuel system on it just seems stupid to me. I would imagine that after the cost of the conversion and the tens of thousands needed to keep the block from becoming 2 4 cylinder engines you are only 20-30% away from the cost of a NEW TRUCK with a 6.4. Then for about 2k you could be 150 hp. more than any 7.3 that made it more than a month.
I guess Double Overtime didn't get your memo.

The problems with blocks cracking (at absurdly low hp) are DIRECTLY related to the HEUI injection system.

The HEUI injection system is slow.

Pick a hp number...

it takes (pretty much) x amount of fuel, to make y amount of hp...doesn't matter if it is coming out of a P-pump, a VP, CR, MEUI, etc...

fuel/time = hp

with the HEUI, the formula reads:

[fuel + (7)oil]/time = hp

thank Dan Scheid for that wicked xxxx "cc" P-pump...and now tell him you need 5-7 TIMES that volume..oh, btw Dan...flow 15w40 through there instead of fuel. :doh:

:hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.