Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

SCT Tunes

5K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  antibullock 
#1 ·
Im about to buy my SCT with custom tunes and I was wondering what your guys favorite tunes were?

#3 ·
x2 and love it :evil

Power is there when you need/want it, and honestly babying it around it drives beautifully too waaaay better than stock in all aspects

#4 ·
will the xtreme race be safe to run with stock tranny and head bolts?

#5 ·
stock tranny yes for sure, stock head bolts can be iffy. I have the "non head stud safe" version and after a little while I started to get a little puking.

#18 ·
I'm looking into getting the Xtreme Race, and I was wondering if Eric makes a Xtreme Race tune that is safe with head bolts?

Can't you get a custom xtreme tune detuned for stock head bolts?

Nick
:whs:

#10 ·
yep extrem race/n20 tune and the x street. i run the x race/n20 tune all the time except for the winter. takes a little bit getting use to with the shifting on the x race tune tho. gotta stay in the throttle.

#13 ·
Can't you get a custom xtreme tune detuned for stock head bolts?

Nick

#14 ·
k thanks I got another question. does the x-race smoke a lot or just a little bit? Im starting to get worried about these bs smog testing laws

#16 ·
Mine will smoke, but only if I make it. Mine might be a bit underfueled with some injectors or HPOP getting tired, but if you roll into the throttle right it won't smoke and I get a light haze at WOT, now if I were to stab the throttle or "juice" it then I get a good bit of smoke, but its not like it rolls coal, it kinda makes a cloud and its gone.

one of my friends told me about a "lunatic" tune or something he said his buddy has one and loves it. what do you guys think?
DJ's Looney tune maybe??

#15 ·
one of my friends told me about a "lunatic" tune or something he said his buddy has one and loves it. what do you guys think?

#17 ·
yeah maybe he said Looney tune.

#21 ·
Nothing is totally safe with these trucks...I've been running matt's xtreme race lite tune for about 4mos and love it but it's only good for about 30 seconds of WOT cause by then I'm setting on 1600deg on the ole pyro......but let off for a sec it cools rather quickly and have yet to have puking.......knock on wood..........Nothing like a 8500 pound 10ft tall truck that runs like a sports car.....only wished it handled like one at those speeds........

#24 ·
I am running the Xtreme Race Tune from Adam. I have no complaints with it and recomend it. From experiance I can tell you some guys know what they are doing and some don't, can't go wrong with what Adam will give you. I have stock head studs as well.

#27 ·
I assume you are talking about FCDP(abrannan19). Just FYI that is actually Innovative's tune, Adam sells IDP's tunes...

#25 ·
I'm probably going to do it without head studs. Kinda scared tho:/

#26 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with Extreme race, tow, and maybe insanity.

#29 ·
We carry the SCT with Cales tunes from BTS:

40hp Tow,
60hp Tow,
80hp Tow,
100hp Tow
TOW tunes can have Exhaust Brake mode, Aggressive tow/haul, Aggressive Torque Converter lockup can all be added. Cooling fan temp can be set to you liking as well. (Gauges and Exhaust are recommended)

60hp Econo,
80hp Econo,
100hp Daily,
120hp Hot Street,
140hp EXTREME

ECONO-DAILY-RACE-EXTREME tunes are safe for factory head bolts, and stock EGR, (Gauges and Exhaust are HIGHLY recommended for RACE-EXTREME tunes)

Cale can build tunes for any size injectors, stage 1's to stage 3s or bigger. Or any size turbo.

Whether you are Sled pulling or Drag racing, Cale has a tune for you!

Additional info or pricing please PM me.

Cary

#30 ·
Can anyone give me the same details for Eric's tunes??

#31 ·
me too please

#32 ·
Nothing is safe for stock bolts, I run xstreet, all the time and love it, it will smoke if you jar onit hard, I have learned to use the towhaul when I am lugging around to keep it from smoking, when I am running around 50 mph pulling a hill it will smoke quite abit, hit the towhaul it will down shift at the 50 point and not smoke.

#33 ·
Are you running stock head bolts?

#36 ·
When you buy the x3, You will get it then plug in to your truck, to find the computer program code for your truck, then you e-mail this code back to Eric, and he will ask what you have added to the truck or modified, then ask what type of programs you want, tow, street, xstreet, race, ect. then he will e-mail the programs to you to download to the x3, then you install to truck.

#38 ·
The tunes are included unless you want any of the Extreme tunes.

#39 ·
So can anyone help me??

#41 ·
I am pretty sure they are Innovative Tunes, but not as advanced or high powered as the Xtreme Tunes. It's worth the extra $80 though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.