Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Diesel Power Article

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Charles 
#1 ·
pretty readin on the 6.7.....that reverse heads are something else....

#3 ·
Are you crazy. The carbon metal hybrid blocks are unreal. The only two things I don't like is that Iron heads can only be had with the 450 and 550 and its still assembled in Mexico. Other than that I'm sold. I'll just change the heads out when I mod it. The 6 stud per cylinder head design air to water intercooler and dual cooling systems are awesome. It looks pretty narrow too. Oh well I can't wait to get mine.

#5 ·
Was I reading that right, 6 bolt main caps and a deep skirt as well. WOW. I wonder if SVT will get in on the action and offer long blocks and such as they do with a lot of other motor combo's......
yes.... i had to read that twice as well

#6 ·
That block will hold up to most anything you can throw at it, the Chevy LS blocks are made the same way and there good for 1000 HP stock. I talked to a Ford tec the other day and he said its gonna be nice to see how this thing does. I would,nt wory about the heads being aluminum, they should do fine if the cooling system is done right.

Dan

#7 ·
D-maxes are doing well with aluminum heads and big HP. So I would think that it should all be fine.

#17 ·
the EGR cooler looks easy to dich... lol

#20 ·
Ford must've thought that area was a weak link, or could be at some point, otherwise there's no reason for doing something different from the competition.

Having a non-bridge motor will be a good thing, especially if they can be modified enough to get some rpms out of them;)

#22 ·
ya im likin the looks of the egr...seems easy to ditch like said earlier....

#23 ·
If an engine overheats it's damn sure not because of the material used to make the heads.....

:doh:

Fix the overheating issues almost certainly created by emissions bullsh*t, and the aluminum heads would be fine.

I mean, TopFuel runs cast iron heads right? Aluminum would never hold up to that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.