Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

converting f250 to a dually?

21K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
Is it hard, cost a lot? I'm looking for one but if I can't find a dually for the right price and I find an f250 for a nice deal I may pick it up and later on convert to a dually.

#5 ·
Most dually's have 4.10's and most srw's have 3.73's. I think the spring perches need to move but not sure about that. A 250 long bed may be hard to find. These are just guesses, I have never done it but thinking about converting my 350 lb srw.

#6 ·
I believe you don't need a dually box considering the duallies have a sort of fender flare you can probably bolt on to a standard box. I am not 100% sure of it, but I know that the the dually fender is no molded to the box.

A dually axle is going to be expensive, everytime I see them they are quite expensive. If you are 4wd you will have to re-gear your front also, which is even more cash, since most duallys are 4.10 like tbolt said.

#7 ·
There is a co called Arrowcraft that makes adaptors for this. They have complete pkg with fenders and everything. Uses your stock axle.

#10 ·
If its a manual T-case it will be easier. If they're the same tranny, swap in the one with the transfer case, or swap the rear housing and transfer case onto the tranny. Bolt up the hangers and the axle. You'll need different hubs and gears for it to be a proper swap.

#9 ·
i was thinking about the same thing...

do you really need the axles... or hubs?

full floats, the axle bolts to the hub... bolts to the wheel's... unless the axles have to be longer or something?

#12 ·
A lot less stress and $$$ to just buy what you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.