Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need help asap....front end

598 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kbnord 
#1 ·
Hey guys..... i started to get a squealing noise from the front end about a week ago... i assumed it was brakes and would fix it soon. Well today it got bad quick. Started with a rubbing noise and a squishing noise then it would pull hard to one side and was hard to steer.

When i barely made it home i took the truck and jacked it up on the drivers side where the noise was. I placed my hands at 12 and 6 and went to push and pull. There was a ton of movement.....it seems the ball joints are not moving, but there is a lot of movement at the u joint and behind it.....

I need to know if it is the u-joints or the hub assembly...it was very hot when i took off the wheel to inspect. And the caliper is nearly locked up pushing the pad into the rotor.....help this is my only transportation.:confused:

#5 ·
you can get them cheaper from a non ford dealer (napa) if you can get by with out the rig ebay had them for 150 at one time with a lifetime warranty. which ever option you take, remove the caliper slide bolts and reinstall them with locktite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.