Y'all seen this new Prerunner Ford????

2K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  LakesideLimo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Only 310 Hp............. Yawn.

#6 ·
pretty cool,but not for me.

#13 ·
Wow, I would seriously consider buying one of those.

#15 ·
All you guys saying "not for me" must have never been out to the desert in a prerunner truck or any baja type vehicle. The experience of flying through the desert over whoops and through trails is second to none, IMO. I have a class 5 VW and it is the most fun I have ever had in a vehicle. This Raptor is a sick truck from the factory. I saw 2 yesterday, the first ones I have seen.

#16 ·
Yup alot of fun. My dad saw 2 or 3 raptors daily out testing by the mine he works at in vegas, Said they haul ass in the dirt and good looking trucks in person.

#17 ·
that thing is a turd.. you would still have to invest alot of money and #### can the majority of the suspension on that truck to " pre run" any type of races that ford had "designed" it for...

#18 ·
true dat hoss..... i love ford but ill leave it to camburg and hnm motorsports to build a preerunner

#19 ·
Or even Atomic motorsports Atomic Motorsports - Off Road Suspensions or Giant motorsports...

For the price they are asking for that truck 39k you could easily build yourself something waaaay better than that hunk of ####

#20 ·
Hey HOSS, you do realize Ford ran the Raptor in the Baja 1000, right? It can do great things off road for a FACTORY BUILT truck. You can't compare it with class 1 trucks, the Raptor was designed for class 12 or something like that. Yes you could build a better truck for 40K but it wouldn't have all the comforts of this truck, let alone be street legal.

That being said, I am going to have to agree that if I was to do some major off roading, I would go for custom built too. However, for the average offroader that wants a streetable truck, with a warranty, this thing is sweet.

#21 ·
Hey HOSS, you do realize Ford ran the Raptor in the Baja 1000, right? It can do great things off road for a FACTORY BUILT truck. You can't compare it with class 1 trucks, the Raptor was designed for class 12 or something like that. Yes you could build a better truck for 40K but it wouldn't have all the comforts of this truck, let alone be street legal.

That being said, I am going to have to agree that if I was to do some major off roading, I would go for custom built too. However, for the average offroader that wants a streetable truck, with a warranty, this thing is sweet.
Didn't Kia win a class like 4 years in a row. LOL Kinda like that joke of a diesel class they run in the Baja. Bragging about winning that class is like bragging about kissing your sister. That truck is a mall parking lot prerunner at best. My money would be on a smoked trans first sand pit it gets stuck in.

#22 ·
i have seen a bunch running around metro detroit might manufacturer plates on it. they look pretty cool, i think they are suppose to take the place of the lightening

#23 ·
dang I had actually seen one of these, orange one, just after it rolled off the car carrier. I didn't even think twice when walking buy it lol :doh: Had totally forgotten about these and figured it was just some one off promotion vehicle that was going around to the dealerships so I didn't bother getting a closer look.

Not too sure how I like the styling of it and all though, but does seem pretty sweet package. Wish there was some use for it up here though other than flying down gravel roads and over frost heaves LOL

#25 ·
You are right about just finishing, but it seems the last 5 yrs the team with the best support crew wins, not the best truck and/or driver. I would like to see it go to only parts carried are allowed to be used. With the exception of tires, of course.

#28 ·
Ya those raptors are growing on me...Still needs a lil diesel

#29 ·
I saw a magazine article about the testing of the raptors they beat the #### out of them during testing. DId high speed runs, whoops and all. They called the truck endurance i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.