Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

makin new bumper

7K views 52 replies 17 participants last post by  Chip 
#1 ·
well i started makin my new bumper (huge dent in stock one)i think it comin out awsome....what do yall think?i should have it done for the races this weekend ...need to add lights and truck bed coat it.:D

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good. What gauge plate did you use? That's a good looking alternative to a super heavy bumper (mine). Don't see too many out there like it. What's it weigh? (approximate).

#4 ·
DIY you have to love it!!!. You cant buy the pride that comes with saying i made this. And i bet if you add all the time and materials it still dosent touch the cost of a already built one.

#8 ·
:whs: More pictures please! Of how you mounted it, and when it's mounted from different angles. What type of material did you use?

I've been thinking of making one with a larger removable lower valence/air dam. Did you just mig it?

I'm the same way, I love the look, just not the huge weight, and I want it to be more flush with the front since I won't be mounting a winch or anything.

#14 ·
Looks good man! A little light though....:ford:

#20 ·
I disagree with Cat. Not everyone uses their truck as a farm implement...
This isn't about pushing over trees or bumping into cattle after a six pack it's about hitting a deer crossing the road going 60mph with a bumper that is half the weight/strength as stock. It's not my bumper & not my truck but I feel if your going to do it atleast make it comparable to stock.

#18 ·
That looks sharp!! cant wait to see it done!

#23 ·
LOL
You gotta admit Cat... That was funny... LOL

I personally don't care if I do hit a deer... If I were gonna DIY myself a bumper, that's how I'd do it. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess...

Or maybe I assume that any bumper is a good bumper these days... :doh: :doh:

Hell, there's guys running around with fiberglass bumpers! :eek:

#30 ·
looks close to my Road Armor bumper, just without the winch hole and shackle mounts. Looks good man, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.