Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.7 in detail

13K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  Coltaine 
#1 ·
#3 ·
B20 compatible, fuel rails are on the outside of the valve cover, and check out that turbo- it says you dont need to lift the cab. CGI block! this thing is sweet!:postwhore2::ford:

#5 ·
Could they make the turbo any more complicated?

#11 ·
I honestly hope this engine works out great. Because it looks like it would be bad if it fails. two cooling systems sounds like more maintance. Sounds sweet but we shall see.

#12 ·
Injectors looked small, at least compared to the pics ive seen of the 6.0 injectors anyways. Wonder who will be the first to develop an EGR delete for that bad boy. oh and THANK GOD the POWERSTROKE name is staying!

#18 ·
thank god its still a powerstroke

#19 ·
#20 ·
Cross bolted mains and heads rated for past 2600psi of combustion pressure sounds good. A single turbo that is way easier to remove then the compounds on the 6.4 and less parts to fail or get coked.

There are ALOT of industry firsts on this thing, not sure what the inboard exhaust manifolds are gonna be like (hey isn't that where the intake is supposed to be),

#21 ·
dang they sure talk up a good story, and I certainly hope it works out but wow

Least it looks like "up pipe" leaks will be easy to fix LOL

#22 ·
And it's not "More of a common rail" either.

It's Common Rail Injection. It's not like some kind of evolution of Heui toward CR.

To put it plainly..... there are fuel rails, they have 4 injectors each, meaning all 4 injectors share a common rail. Hence..... Common Rail Injection.

#23 ·
brand new air-to-water charge air cooler that replaces the previous air-to-air intercooler. The CAC sits between the turbo compressor outlet and the intake manifold to cool the air heated by passing through the twin turbos.

Intresting but air to water kicks ass!!

#30 ·
Intresting but air to water kicks ass!!
Curious how big of a tank or whatever it has and how susceptible it is to heak soak. I'm sure they tested, but pulling a grade in 100° weather after the truck has been running already for 6+ hours seems like the intercoolers would be useless, I'm sure Ford has it figured out though

#25 ·
After doing a little digging, the pump is a Bosch CP4.2. This is Bosch 4th gen high pressure pump and is noted for it's efficiency. It also comes standard on the 500hp Audi Q7 V12TDi (it has two of them) and the Audi R10 TDI race car (two here also). Looks like it's slightly under driven in these engines, probably for higher RPM use.

#26 ·
Well that just means that you can mate 2 of them together easier since its been done on something already. I really want to see what these things can do. Anybody have a relase date or any info on when there going to start being prodeced in the SD?

#32 ·
Full Truck Release Date will be THIS MONTH! :evil

More PUBLIC info ;)

The engine debuts early next year in Ford's revamped line of Super Duty pickups. Ford won't talk about horsepower and torque until the Texas State Fair on Sept. 24.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.