Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Electrical Help!!!!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cowboy_dan 
#1 ·
My good friend works at Ford as the diesel guy. He bought a 2003 F250 CCSB and is having electrical problems.

The interior lights, instrument cluster and windows will not work intermittenly. Then they come on and all is fine until it does it again. He has checked all the normal stuff. He asked that I post this here for him. Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like a ground to me, but he has checked them?????

#3 ·
Does it have electric door locks? Do they work? I had a similar issue but only involving the lights, windows, and door locks, it was the controller for the door locks and the remote keyless. Replaced that and its been good since.

BTW, mine was fried because of my remote starter.

#5 ·
Does that include the radio?

#7 ·
In my 2000 i fixed it by cleanin the prongs and bending them out alittle on the relays in the fuse panel.I'le have to check to see which one i replaced though.

#12 ·
Dirty, wet, corroded connection somewhere, or a loose connection.
Use a wiring diagram and find the first place those things are common, then start at that point and check every single connection back to the batteries.

I got bit by something like this at work. #*(@&^% connector didn't seal and the water in the connector was making things act really weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.