Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shackle Lift Kit

26K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Brad Carlton 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The problem with just going to longer shackles on a Superduty is the shackle is at the rear of the spring. If you lower the spring at the back, you change the pinion angle down too.

If it were me I would only consider a hanger/shackle combo, or go to a higher spring.

#4 ·
i have a set on my truck that i made. along with this and my add-a-leaf i got 3.5" of lift of front. it didn't change my pinion angle all that much because ford put a little to much angle on them from factory(i thought). been running this set-up for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem out of it yet. but if you want i can give you the demension and what you need to have to build them. i think i have 25 dollars tied up in my shackles versus the 65 you would have tied up in those.

#5 ·
Pure old school crap from the 50's , will lessen your castor which you don't want.
You also need a adj track bar to recenter your axle as every 2" of lift will shift the axle 1'2-3'4" Its geometry.

It always cost more to do things correctly but The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten..

If you want to lift your truck correctly PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Cary

#6 ·
I have had similar shackles on my truck for almost 2 years with no problems. I have used the 4wd in launches and pulling and never had a problem with any angles. No you don't need the hangers for the front it will work just fine like it is. We did mine in less than an hr and half.

#7 ·
Just for the record. 2" of lift with shackles requires 4" longer than stock shackles. Which will also make your front want to bind against the trac bar because of the odd angle of your springs. No offense to you Daryl, but it's really not that great of an idea.

A mini-pack or a shackle/hanger combo is MUCH better.

#9 ·
i'm the same way going to do it right one of these days. but mine doesn't rub hit anything it comes close to the trac bars as the sleeper noted but goes right by them with any flex. but i agree with everybody else doing it the right way is better just didn't have the money at the time and the add-a-leaf wouldn't let me clear my tires.

#12 ·
mine is centered to the best of my knowledge. inspected it close and watched it for about a week or so after install and it never moved but i may have a rare occasion....but i am still using stock everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.