Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Is a Leveling Kit a MUST for 35's?

3K views 33 replies 6 participants last post by  daryl4412 
#1 ·
I currently have 4" and 37's, and I am looking to trade down. I have a line of a set of 35's, but I don't really want a leveling kit. If they won't fit stock would a 33x12.50 look better stock height with the rear block removed?

#7 ·
Meh, I don't tow much. Maybe a dual 3500lb axle 16' or a friend's boat once or twice in the summer. Any tire recommendations? I'm looking for more speed than off road traction, but I want to keep an aggressive AT or MT for looks. So far I have looked at the Interco M16, Kumho KL71, and ProComp Xterrain.

Kumho's are the cheapest and I would think they are fairly light being an 11.50. I'm actually about to look up some weights. Do you think I need a wider tire to help with weight distribution and wear?

#12 ·
I'm thinking about either doing stock 16" Lariat wheels from the 99-04 models or maybe another wheel with some black on in the 16-20 range. The cheaper the better, so probably 16-18. The wheel size will just depend on what is needed to match the tires that are a better deal.

#16 ·
I'm running 35x12.5x20's with 4.5" offset on my stock height F250. I shimmed the front bumper out a bit so no rubbing there, with the offset it doesn't rub on the springs but I do get a little rubbing on the lower rear of the fender liner, but not bad and I really like the look.

#21 ·
I can email you some or there is one in the test forum, 3rd page, gordon is a stud post.

#23 ·
I like it a lot, but I think the wheels have a lot to do with it. I wish I could afford 35's on 20's again. I'm not a big fan of all the weight either. I guess I'll look at 305's or 285's and try to get between 33-34 on 16's.

#24 ·
I have a set of 285's on stock wheels and they look to small. I would consider a set of 33's next time around.

#26 ·
Yes they are, I weighed the stock wheels with the 285's and they weighed like 69lbs', the 20's with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's weighed 109 each and I can feel it in everything the truck does, turning, stopping, accelerating. I do like how the tire size changed the RPM's at 70 mph though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.