Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

On the level

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  OBSWIZ 
#1 ·
Who makes a good leveling kit for my 2004 F350? Will I need to replace the springs or are add a leafs available? Thanks in advance

TimmyaleX

#3 ·
no add a leaf kits. I really don't want to spend 400- 500 bucks.

#11 ·
I still wouldn't use a block get either a Hanger kit or a mini spring kit.

Don't get ebay single hanger kits that change the castor or the mini spring kit from those that state no trackbar -drop kit required..their lying.

Cary

#10 ·
The differences between a mini spring kit and a hanger kit are you can use your stock length shocks with the spring kit. With hangers..2", 3" etc you should use longer shocks..Bilsteins best choice..IMO.

Mini spring packs and Hanger kits will not affect the ride quality unlike other ways of lifting the front.
Note every 2" of lift WILL shift the axle 1/2-3/4" its geometry. To recenter the axle will require a adj track bar or a drop track bar bracket made expressly for the hanger used.

If I can help with choosing the correct kit for your truck and get you prices please PM me.

Cary

#12 ·
Well, I'm looking to do a swap with a buddy that has a leveling kit with a block. I really don't want to run a leveling kit at all, but his 35's won't fit unless I run one. I guess my only option is to sell the his tires for smaller one's then swap.

#13 ·
As mentioned the mini spring pack is secured to the stock pack using a new, longer center pin.

Also the length of the mini pack better distributes the weight vs. that of a block.

Icon uses spring steel to make their mini spring packs vs. some other companies who simply use flat stock.

#14 ·
what about the drop track bar that OBSWIZ mentioned?

#17 ·
I haven't found a specific drop bracket for the mini spring pack or a 2" hanger kit..3" lift and down a adj bar works great.

Its more $$ to use a adj bar or a drop hanger but if you want it perfect without sideloading the spring bushings or shackles..and not having the axle offset then there isn't a choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.