Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

adrenaline

20K views 229 replies 41 participants last post by  mattr66 
#1 ·
so after going through a 26 page post on this, what i want to know is whether or not this pump is needed or underflowed to work with a gtp38 turbo and maybe a set of 238's? this on my 2003 7.3.

#2 ·
You dont even need it to run 238's unless your stock HPOP is week. But if it is then the adrenaline would be a great choice.

I am running the stock pump with my 238's just fine at 2800 ICP but I will be getting the adrenaline when it goes out.

#4 ·
I will add that I see you are running PMR's unless you have changed that.

Need to tell your tuner so they can do for that. Even though hybrids are safer at a higher HP then just a stock truck with a chip you can still throw a rod if not tuned correctly.

#5 ·
Has anyone done any data logging with this pump yet?

#6 ·
This pump is about the same as the Term modded 17* IMHO. I have not seen anything other then hearsay as far as the performance of the pump.

#8 ·
And compare to what??? Thats the problem, everyone is throwing them on and talking about how great they are, then we ask about what it was before...

I just want to see some before and after data logs.

#10 ·
well if someone wants to buy me one I will do data logs on it. I have a good 17* pump now and have logged it. So send me a pump and I will do it with it also.

#12 ·
Do it maybe csipsd will quit bitchin :poke:

#13 ·
How is asking for some proof bitchin? :confused:

#14 ·
just seemed like you had some bone to pick with everyone running an adrenaline without proof I myself would love to see the data too dont get me wrong! I upgraded from a 15* so my datas no good anyway but plain any simple it seems to work just fine I dont know if its any better than the next 17* pump but it does the trick for the price.

#16 ·
Nothing like that, but I like to see something other then "it feels so much stronger"...

I can not wait to drive my truck after I get it running again, but when I get in it I am sure I will think it feels so much stronger because I changed something...LOL

#15 ·
I guess I'll go log data soon,loged before I put the adrenaline on, just haven't done it after yet. One thing is true it has more low end pickup, has more pwer higher in the RPM range, and idles smoother. I have Stg. 2 Cass injectors, reg. return fuel system and other goodies on a 2000 model with factory 17 deg pump before. It DOES fuel harder everywhere if you want it to.

It is absolutley worth 469.00 in my book.

I'll try to log data in next day or two and post results.

#17 ·
:whs: I know how ya feel. And i know what ya mean. It looks like were all finally ganna get the proof on it from a couple people and find out once and for all.

#19 ·
mine was def different with a pulse pump but a pulse has totaly different internals then a stock.

it is not like big oil is gonna get you 100 hp or anything like that.
all that you will tell is that the truck pulls harder more across the board, possibly better mpg by 1mpg.
unless you have really big injectors and the fuel system to back it,
then it might help you get the numbers your injectors and fuel are calling for.

#20 ·
I am fixxing to get one my A codes are thirsty mofos !! I have a 17* its in pretty good shape I have set a check engine light once but I have not stood on it alot to see if it runs out like in a drag situation. I have a feeling I need more fuel also ?????

#21 ·
my check engine lite comes on when i hold it to the floor for a while i always thought it was the 30# of boost setting it off but could it be the oil? i still have stock injectors. Im still trying to understand all this so be patient with me.

#22 ·
If you have the money for a stealth stage 1 and are running hybrids do you think that a stealth pump would help make a little or alot more power than a adrenaline my stock pump is subpar so im planning on changing it soon. Also running a upgraded fuel system. I know they say a stock hpop will run hybrids but if upgrading the hpop will make more power and one will make more power than the next then :evil

#23 ·
I know they say a stock hpop will run hybrids but if upgrading the hpop will make more power and one will make more power than the next then :evil
If you have a hpop that will hold somewhere roughly around 3000 psi, then there is no power to be gained by going to a larger one. I have a stage 2 Stealth, but I can almost promise you I wouldn't lose 1 hp by going back to a Stage 1 because it would hold all the icp I could ever want with my injectors. The Stage 2 pump just gives me room to grow if I someday want larger injectors.

#25 ·
If you can data log in a situation that closely matches how you do a dyno pull I think it will provide the best data. Like a short log from, light cruise to wot in a 3rd or OD up a hill.

#26 ·
Interestingly enough I got my wish to watch one of these today. Stock setting 28XXpsi at 40% WOT but 20XXpsi at 89% in any kind of a performance tune and shortly there after the check engine lite came on. 2002 truck with stock injectors and about 70k miles. Truck was smooth but the performance was flat. Truck started up good hot but not great. Guy is going to get the chip reflashed then we are going to test it again. I could not get contribtution to run on the truck but he did not have the air intake heater so that could be why.

#28 ·
Adrenaline that replaced a stock pump that was tripping the check engine lite. Used IPR but new o-rings on it.

#31 ·
What tuning is in the truck Tom? One person I know of was referred by Bob for some tuning adjustments and it made the customer happy to say the least.

On Edit: The truck I'm thinking of is a 550 and has a unique pcm code.

But, Bill did tell me, the Adrenaline does flow better than a stock pump and can be taken advantage of by tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.