Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Suncoast "Line Mod Valve"

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  SZYD 
#1 ·
Since I am going to be building my transmission I was looking through suncoast's parts. They have 3 different line mod valves. The .427, .500, and .670. The .670 says for "serious HP only" so my question is can it hurt anything if I use this valve? I don't care if it shifts hard, but if it gives it too much pressure or fluid and can hurt things I won't do it.

#2 ·
I recently had my trans redone all suncoast parts and went with the .500 valve. It will shift Super fast and hard!! Even while driving normal with only a mildly modded motor. Cant imagine with 600+hp... can't wait :evil I love mine! If its built right go for it, it can't hurt it. I think the .670 would be a tad to harsh though. .500's shifts plenty hard, just my .02

#4 ·
If it shifts to hard, you could turn down the shift pressure on your SCT.

#11 ·
So going to the bigger ones I will be more likely to break hard parts like shafts and such?

Going off the receipt that I got from the previous owner it says it has a line mod valve in it, and I'm guessing it is the .427. It still seemed to shift a bit soft even with different tuners and what not, but with the rest of my trans taking a dump on me it's hard to know what it would have shifted like in good condition.

#14 ·
Suncoast wouldnt even sell me the .600. Ive got a Factory Tech acc. body, it has the .427 in it. Im pretty upset with it. Might try the .500 see if it fixes my problem. Havent been able to get ahold of Gregg Evans since i bought the damn thing. Go figure.

#15 ·
The Tugger has you install a spring in the stock line pressure modulator. I don't use it. Sonnax .427 is all we have used. I have heard that the .500 and bigger is just too darned tough on things. With the .427 we see awesome shifts and no issues, so we run with it. . . . . . . . :evil

#24 ·
go buy a 12valve and get beat by a geo!!!!!
Probably shouldn't pick on the 12v guys, they have their own issues LOL

The .427 "sonnax" mod valve goes in the valve body, a common upgrade with this is the three upgraded shift valve springs. If I recall, DI usually stocks these parts and bundles them as a package deal.

#18 ·
LOL. If you say so buddy. I think they were trying to steer people in the right direction. A real shop wouldnt sell you a part that would be wrong for your application.

#20 ·
LOL. If you say so buddy. I think they were trying to steer people in the right direction. A real shop wouldnt sell you a part that would be wrong for your application.

You would be surprised, it happens everyday.

#19 ·
Where does it go? Does it go in a line somewhere? Do you put it in the VB. I am going to be getting a TransGo tugger and will have everything apart that i can with the trans still in the truck. I will be installing just part of the tugger cuz i am not gonna pull trans at this time. Is the line mod a mod i should do while i have the VB out? Or does it go on the out side of the trans some where? I am transtarded So me want to be learnd.

Thanks
Dale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.