Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

detroit 60 series turbo on 7.3?

12K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  444smoker 
#1 ·
seems i recall some of yal runnin detroit 60 series turbos on your 7.3's, (this one has 1.15 wastegated exhaust housing), wondering what mods yal have done to support this setup, what kind of boost pressures, and is it streetable? i am currently running stock turbo with compressor wheel and 1.15 exhaust housing.

#4 ·
Seen newer ones with a GT4294 that's the one I want!

#5 ·
S400's came on series 60's, The 11.1L motors have S470's as one of their turbo options, that's what my S465 started out as. You want the 83/74 turbine wheel if you're looking to put a T4 flanged housing on it.

Dave

#7 ·
ok its a garret its a GT?42 there was somethin between gt an 42 but could not read it. here are other numbers off of it

R23528059 and
V4284 B0903

this is off a 500 hp detroit
the compressor housing is A/R .60 with wastegated 1.15 exhaust
it looks to be 72mm

#10 ·
If that 1.15 wastegated housing is T6 I would bet a set of 250ish hybrids would go decent with it.

I think what you're looking at as a setup is close to what Suns_PSD is running, maybe shoot him a PM on how his truck spools a T6 flanged turbo.

Dave

#12 ·
I run an S475, which comes on the 60 series.

The part # is something like 11707 or something.

I had rivercity machine an H2E exhaust housing onto it and it sits on a hypermax mounting kit.

#13 ·
Didnt know anyone was runnin those, I saw the one hangin off a 60 series at school and thought it would make a nice 7.3 turbo

#15 ·
If it has the right turbine wheel you can just swap it to a T4 housing and get to bolting it in. I've ran mine on stock AA's and it lit pretty well!

Dave

#22 ·
Its done, and testing has started on the kit. So far so good. BTW Smokyred, Hybrids and GOOD tuning, well lets just say it'll run:ford::ford:

#23 ·
it'll run is the understatement of the year. :eek::eek: HOLY CRAP!!! is the way the dodge cummins boys described it after chris waxed their azz. chris his dad and i were in the truck giggling like scool girls as he let them get a truck length and layed the smack down on them. the look on their face was priceless. bet that don't make it on the dodge forums!

#24 ·
I have run both the GT4202, (102mm comp wheel 75mm ind), wich is OE replacement for the Detroits and am currently running the GT4294 (94mm comp wheel 71mm ind). The 4202 was to laggy at my elevation (4500 ft) and towing something was hot and really smokey down at sea level it might be a different story. But the 4294 is a whole lot better spools up twice as good and is just alot more streetable.

Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.