Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

10/10/09. Piedmont Truck Jam. Greensboro, NC

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  smorris 
#1 ·

See less See more
#9 ·
Event Update for Oct. 10

OUTLAW NADM Affiliate Race (Thank you NADM)

Gate opens at 8:30 am Qualifying will begin around 11:00am
Track address: Piedmont Dragway 6750 Holts Store Rd. Julian, N.C. 27283 Phone: (336) 449-7411

Host hotel will be:
Comfort Inn in Burlington
2701 Kirkpatrick Rd.
Burlington, N.C.
(336) 584-4447
$71.00 per night, ALL rooms, except suites

$15.00 gate fee
$25.00 tech card
100% pay back on tech cards
Buck’s Comm. and NADM are donating extra cash winnings along with trophies.

Pro Street will be Pro Tree heads up, no index
Quick Diesel will be Sportsman Tree with a 7.70 index
E.T. speaks for itself.

If you have never drag raced your truck and would like a few tips, please PM me. We will have a short Drag 101 for all that are interested in learning. Everyone has to start somewhere. You will not be laughed at for any “dumb questions”!
We are trying to build our sport up, and as much as I like the spectators, I hope they will line up in the lanes for the E.T. race. You don’t have to be fast to win an E.T. race, just consistent. We are not vendor specific. We need representation for ALL 3 brands.

I have had fairly good response on attendance, but would hope that every warm body that has access to a diesel truck within driving distance will show up to compete. The turn out for this race will dictate what will be done for next year. If turn out is good, we are thinking about a local Diesel Drag Race series, hosting multiple Outlaw events at several tracks through out the 2010 year. There is a possibility to include a sled pull for next year. We will have a Tug-of-War and trailer pull as a starter for this year.
As I said before, we are trying to build this sport in a positive way.

There is a good possibility some fast trucks from Georgia, Florida, Virginia and the good ole’ Carolina boys may show up.
I love competition! So bring it!

The weather should be a little cooler, and the track prep is second to none. The track is prepped well enough on Test and Tune nights to hold 800+ HP and is all concrete. This track is VERY diesel friendly and will do whatever it takes to pull this event off.

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Brian Buchanan (336) 819-1931
brianb@buckscomm.net
or just shoot me a PM

Thanks,
Brian

#15 ·
I have started a list of some of the competitors that have showed interest or committed to show for the Truck Jam 2009. Anyone else want to add their name? :poke:

Jeff Garmon
Phil Taylor
Darrin Morrison
Mickey Davis
Jess Spruill
Buck Spruill
Jeff Dean
Matt Handwork
Brian Jelich
John Porterfield Sr.
John Porterfield Jr.
Mike Dolan
Brian Buchanan
Jim Snyder
Ed Wayne
Tim Burchette
Camron Burchette
Billy Mayo
Jay Mckee
Kyle Mcdowell
Keegan Mabe
Kevin York
David (BC847)
Chris (RatlRatl)
Kyle (Sticky)

#26 ·
videos posting right now. Starting with an older one of my truck from the silk hope truck pulls, then getting the ones from today. Be sure and check em out!

Good job to the guy from Rudy's that won the tug of war contest! Way to represent.
Dodge schmodge.

Got several of powersmoker and others in there. Just be patient and gimme a few minutes here.
Scott

#27 ·
Had a great time......it was a lot fun hangin out with everyone. My truck ran its fastest 1/8 mile pass to date. 7.15 @ 97.6 mph. Brian Buchanan should deff put on another one next year.

Look forward to seeing the vids Scott.

#29 ·
The first annual Truck Jam 2009 went flawless. The weather worked out perfect all day.
I appreciate all of the folks that attended our event. The track was impressed and looks forward to many more Outlaw events in the near future. Congratulations to all that placed and earned hardware!
We’re already looking forward to Truck Jam 2010!

Thank you for supporting the sport!

Brian

Pro Street

Winner- Jess Spruill 6.665
Runner up- Jeff Garmon 6.74
Semi- Brian Jelich
Semi- Phil Taylor

Quick Diesel

Winner- Aaron Rudolf 7.71
Runner up- Mike Dolan 7.79
Semi- Kamron Burchette 7.82
Semi- Brian Jelich 7.36

ET

Winner- Jerry Lewis 7.70
Runner up- Tim Burchette 7.51
Semi Randall Cantrell 7.73

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.